Be Forewarned...

  • Geneene
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2008
      Swamp Thynge Travel Alert!!!

      Some folks were talking about "using the back way" to avoid the bridge
      tolls on 40 and 95...

      Port Deposit is doing Ragin' on the River this weekend - if you planned
      to use the Dam as part of your route, there might be considerable
      traffic.

      ...L'Geneene
      "honneur et amore"
    • cahuff
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 2008
        At 11:18 AM +0000 8/30/08, EKSouth@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        >Swamp Thynge Travel Alert!!!
        >
        >Some folks were talking about "using the back way" to avoid the bridge
        >tolls on 40 and 95...
        >
        >Port Deposit is doing Ragin' on the River this weekend - if you planned
        >to use the Dam as part of your route, there might be considerable
        >traffic.

        After trotting over to DE over the dam on Rt1, travel early and there
        is no one on the road. Looking at 95 as we passed over it, traffic
        was also light. Now 896 is undergoing major construction. Rt 40 was
        it's normal cheery self. Gas on rt 40 at the Oceanic was 3.34...
        And coming back at 5:30, there was just normal traffic on Rt40, Rt1
        and 273...and Rt13 in DE was empty.
        Ta
        Carol--Running hounds in Delaware City--we'll be back there tomorrow!
        Go to the Gov Bacon Health Center at the foot of the Rt9 bridge and
        look for the small svelte well muscled dogs...come and watch--only
        whippets can run...but it's fun to watch them run very fast <G>
        --
        Creative Clutter is Better Than Idle Neatness!