[Announcements] Position Open-Society Exchequer
- Forwarded with permission:
The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is seeking candidates for the
position of Society Exchequer. This position reports to the SCA
Treasurer who reports to the SCA Board of Directors. The Society
Exchequer is responsible for delivering and meeting deadlines for the
1) Compile the Society Domesday report, grouped by state and kingdom,
with depreciation breakout, and submission of these reports to the
2) Maintain the Kingdom domesday report template spreadsheets and
distribute them for each year to the Kingdom Exchequers;
3) Track Corporate NMS reporting by payment, and event including
attendance (may be delegated);
4) Track and review quarterly reports on Kingdom accounts;
5) Review Kingdom Financial Policies and submit to the Society Treasurer
and the Board for approval;
6) Review Interkingdom Event Financial Policies and submit to the
Society Treasurer and the Board for approval;
7) Report quarterly to the Corporate Treasurer and the Board of
Directors and report the meeting results to the Kingdom Exchequers;
8) Travel as required to support Kingdom Exchequers, including for
training, book reviews, and theft investigations;
9) Conduct supplemental training of Kingdom Exchequers and assist
training of local exchequers;
10) Conduct reviews of Kingdom books at least once every two years or
when a Kingdom office changes hands (may be delegated);
11) Maintain the Kingdom Exchequer email list;
12) Maintain the general exchequer email list;
13) Notify Kingdom Exchequers of any changes in policy or procedure,
including consulting with them to develop any necessary new policies;
14) Maintain the various exchequer handbooks/manuals and republish them
at least every three years;
15) Maintain the various exchequer reporting forms and update them as
16) Serve as subject matter expert for questions from the kingdom
exchequers as well as the general populace;
17) Warrant Kingdom Exchequers and special deputies; and
18) Communicate with banks where necessary.
In addition, the Society Exchequer must deal with international
financial reporting issues where affiliations do not exist. The Society
Exchequer receives a stipend for their services on a 1099 basis.
Required for this position are: dependable email access; dependable
phone access; moderate Microsoft Excel proficiency; moderate Microsoft
Word proficiency; and the ability to clearly communicate via email,
phone, and in written reports. Prior experience as an exchequer in the
SCA is required; prior kingdom exchequer experience is highly desired.
Working knowledge of SCA’s accounting procedures is necessary. Those
individuals with accounting backgrounds or training are highly desired.
Hours required will vary but expect to put in an average of 15 hours per
Those interested in the Position of Society Exchequer should submit
their SCA and modern era resumes to resumes@... and
exchequer@... by December 1, 2008, with a hard copy sent to the
Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email comments@....
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.
Announcements mailing list
To unsubscribe or change your settings, visit:
To change the email address you receive these messages at, visit the URL
listed above, subscribe to with your new email address. Once this is
completed, return to the URL listed above and unsubscribe your old email
- Yule Tiding and Merry Greetings:
As the year comes to a close, I want to once again thank everyone who
has sent in submissions of artwork and prose. I can not say this often
enough, I may be the publisher but its all of you that make each issue
of the Pikestaff special.
Now on to the usual business:
First: reminder, this is the January 2009 issue. Please double check
all date when writing event announcements.
To All Autocrats who have events occurring in January 2009 and February
and March 2009. Please take a moment to double check your events and
make sure that all information is available. Deadline is November
26th. Yes, That's right, the 26th. Please take Thanksgiving day off
and enjoy it with your friends and family.
To all Officers, if you have reports that must go into January 2009's
issue, please get it to me by November 26th.
In addition, if you need an extra day to complete your letters or event
announcements, please let me know by the 26th that you have something
you would like printed. This allows me to leave enough space.
Reminder, if you are running a Royal Progress, you must have a
_complete_ announcement in the Kingdom newsletter in the month your
event is being held. This is so Kingdom business can be accomplished.
Thank you one and all for your cooperation and never ending support.