Re: [EKSouth] Blaiddwyn Bannerette Tournament - Grand Outlandish XXXV

  • AdolphusXB1200
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20 9:13 AM
      As much as I love hearing about things going out in the Kingdom of the Outlands, since my parents live there.
      I think one event announcement about an event out there is enough.
      This is the second announcement I have gotten today about this event.
      This is EK South not New Mexico.
      Thanks,
      Adolphus

      In a message dated 04/19/08 15:24:18 Eastern Daylight Time, errin_hawke_66@... writes:

      Knights! Buckle your belts! Polish your boots! Don your spurs!

      Heralds! Clear your throat! Let your voice Ring Clear!

      Teams! Get your seamstresses to work on making you the best dressed
      team at this tournament! (Or if you prefer, you can be a rag tag
      band of mercenaries!)

      It is time once again for the Blaiddwyn Bannerette Tournament!

      All knights are called forth to gather together their squires (or non-
      squires) and join in this melee style tournament. Are you up to the
      challenge? Is your herald? Are your pages? Are your squires or
      those whom you choose to fight with you?

      Do you and those who would fight at your side or herald your great
      and wonderous deeds think that you have what it takes to win this
      tournament and its prizes? Well then, bring your weapons and your
      voices and take the field against last year's winners and prove it!

      The conventions of this tournament are:

      A Knight - to head up the team
      3 non-belted fighters - to make up the rest of the team
      Weapons of choice
      Herald - to bring the Knight and his team's patens to the list and to
      herald your teams wonderous deeds as you take the field each round
      (Your patens consists of your fighter authorization cards and for
      those Kingdoms who require it, such as the Outlands, your SCA
      membership cards).

      Prizes will be awarded for:
      The Team who wins the tournament - of course!
      Best Field Herald
      Best dressed team (this can include heraldic display and pages also
      dressed in the colors of the team)

      So come and join in this Grand and Outlandish tournament!

      Bantiarna Sáerlaith (Shyla) inghean Roibeard
      Kingdom of the Outlands - Minister of the Lists
      Barony of al-Barran