NON SCA side trip on October 21st in Putnam County, NY

  • Denise Wolff
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      Greetings to my fellow scadians,

      To those who of like mind and nature, I am offering to those attending Warriors Naadam on October 19-21 a small- mundane and NON-SCA side trip of interest.

      Within our area there resides a gem- Chaung Yen Monastery. As this type of event will draw out those with similar interest, I thought it might be an addition that some would be interested in.

      I plan to go to Chuang Yen by 12pm on Sunday the 21st and am willing to lead a caravan of interested people with me . Chuang Yen Is a Buddhist Monastery and home to the largest Buddha statue in the Western Hemisphere. The site is free.

      Hours of Chuang Yen Monastery

      The grounds of
      the monastery, the Great Buddha Hall, Kuan-Yin Hall, the Thousand Lotus
      Memorial Terrace are open to the public from 9 am to 5pm, Monday
      through Sunday. The Gift Shop is open 9 am to 5 pm Saturday and Sunday.

      Visitors to the monastery may enjoy a vegetarian lunch in buffet style,
      with second helping, for a suggested donation of $5 per adult and $3
      per child on Saturday and Sunday, between hours of Noon and 1 pm in the
      Dining Hall.

      PLEASE NOTE: This is a non SCA function. This is lead entirely by myself- Denise Wolff (mundane name) and the SCA in no way lends it okay to this.

      If you are interested in this MUNDANE side trip- feel free to contact me at scadian@....

      This is NOT an activity of the
      Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.

      Appréciez votre cuisine!

      It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles. Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527)

      Cookery is become an art, a noble science; cooks are gentlemen. Robert Burton (1577-1640)