Request for Teachers - Textile Schola - Oct. 27th - Settmour Swamp

  • Jeanne Berk
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2007
      Greetings,

      Currently a new Settmour Swamp event is being planned–
      Everything Textile Schola.

      Link:
      http://www.eastkingdom.org/event-detail.html?eid=1458

      It is scheduled for Oct. 27t h at the St. Paul’s
      Church in Flemington NJ. My dream for this event is
      to have classes dealing with the history, production,
      uses, and treatment of textiles.

      To accomplish this I need your help. I need teachers.
      The format will be 45 minute classes with 15 minute
      breaks in between.

      Suggested class topics I would love to see to list
      just a few:

      Dying
      Weaving –tablet or loom
      Embroidery
      Felting
      Clothing Construction
      History
      Silk Painting
      Wood Block Printing
      Lace
      Knitting
      … Plus any other topics you may suggest

      I am hoping to make this an event that both new and
      old SCA members can enjoy, having beginner classes to
      more advanced levels. So if you feel you can teach
      others please get involved and show your talents.

      If you would be interested in helping in any way
      please contact me.

      In Service to the Dream,
      Lady Jehannine de Flandres, OSC
      Autocrat – Everything Textile Schola
      Captain of Archers
      Settmour Swamp
      jrberkphd@...

      "Indecision may or may not be my problem." -Buffett

      Get your own web address.