1/20/07 English Country 12th Night Event

  • Apollonia Voss
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2006
      Greetings Friends and Neighbors:

      The holiday season is now upon us. For many folks this is the time of year
      when you have more things to do than time to do them in. If you are
      planning on attending the Owlsherste English Country Twelfth Night on 1/20,
      take a minute to send in your pre-registration. Paid reservations must be
      received by December 22, 2006.

      There are a few event highlights worthy of specific mention. I wouldn't be
      doing my job as event steward/autocrat if I didn't try to entice folks who
      have not yet decided to come to choose to do so. ;-)

      The day board and feast menus are firming up and you'll be treated to the
      culinary delights of the Owlsherste Cooks Guild who will be preparing many
      tasty English dishes. Bring a favorite desert to share on the potluck
      dessert bar or try out a new recipe on us.

      Come and display your fighting prowess to honor the ladies at an indoor
      heavy weapons tournament.

      A "king" or "queen" of misrule will be chosen to lead the frivolity after
      feast.

      Traditional 12th night activities are being planned for children and adults
      alike throughout the day.

      We are working to have a very newcomer friendly event, so if would like to
      introduce someone to the SCA let me know and I'll tell you how they can get
      a discount.

      And did I mention the culmination of the day? We are pleased to host a
      musical performance of the Bhakaili Branslers and an evening of dance
      (featuring English Country dancing) lead by Duchessa Diana Alene Tregirtse
      and Baron Hrolfr Hrafnsen of Hartshorne-dale.

      More information can be found on the event announcement:
      http://www.eastkingdom.org/event-detail.html?eid=1323

      Please contact me if you have any questions or have a burning desire to help
      with the event.

      Happy Holidays,

      Lady Apollonia Voss