Looking for people for Italian Renaissance Festival Demo, Sept. 17

  • Paul Butler
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2006
      Greetings!

      There will be an Italian Festival at Wheaton Village in Millville,
      NJ (just south of Vineland), featuring the Italian Renaissance
      Sunday, September 17, 2006. Participants will meet at 9am, and the
      program runs 11am-4pm. (I realize that this runs opposite several
      local events).

      We are looking for individuals that do arts and crafts of the Italian
      Renaissance (and ONLY Italian Renaissance, sorry), from fiber arts
      to metal working and all inbetween. Demonstrations may be done
      outdoors (with tables, chairs and whatnot provided) assuming the
      weather is good. There is a very large indoor space as well (which
      is where everything will take place should the weather turn bad),
      and where arts and crafts may be displayed if necessary, again with
      tables, chairs, enclosed cases if desired, etc provided. There will
      be no fighters or fencers at the event - that is being handled by a
      separate troup of actors. However, there is a large lake, so set-
      up and firing of seige weapons would be most welcome.

      A special call goes out to dancers, as we need as many as can come.
      Dances will be called (or taught as necessary), so you needn't panic
      over that, but we do need bodies to fill spaces. Dances would
      Amoroso, Anello, Gelosia, Lauro, Rostiboli, possibly Saltarello La
      Regina (for courtly set); Ballo del Fiore, Petit Vriens, Horses Br.,
      Ly Bens, Pinaguy Br., maybe Peas Br., and a Farandole (sort or like
      a tangle bransle line dance) for the wedding dances.

      The event schedule goes roughly as follows:

      Basic theme is a contested wedding, with the daughter of a Venician
      lord marrying a chosen man, and an older individual trying to butt
      in to get the Venician's fortune.

      There will be an opening "Mass" starting at 10am, following a short
      slide show about Venice in the Event Center. We do not participate
      in this.

      Main Site opens at 11am with some brief show by the gate, including
      some music, introduction of the basic plot, and general directions
      about what is happening during the day.

      12 noon there will be a Puppet Show (organized by Wheaton from a
      local traditional maker).

      1pm will have Italian court dances.

      1:30pm will have short music presentation.

      2pm will have Chess Match (organized by a theatrical fighting
      company).

      3pm will have a "wedding ceremony" - a processional from the main
      gate area to the wedding stage. A small ceremony based on the
      Medici text, and followed by general music and dancing, potentially
      including the audience.

      4pm site more or less closes.

      Anyone who is interested or willing, please contact me at the
      information below! Thanks for your attention!

      In service,
      Arden of Icombe
      aka pbutler@...
      (856)869-2890