NRWC - Thruway I-90 Flooding Alert!

  • Marcus mac Pharláin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2006
      Greetings all...

      Hope this message find all of you well and free from flooding.

      I have it on good authority from friends just outside Schenectady that I-90
      West of Exit 25A is Closed for about 120 miles due to flooding with no ETU
      on when it will reopen.

      On that note, anyone traveling North on the Thruway to NRWC can likely
      expect Traffic and may want to explore alternate (safe) routes around Albany
      to (and from) Glenn Linn since there is no telling how bad the traffic
      backup(s) will be for the Holiday weekend. Anyone travelling East that need
      to pass through this Closure area will definitely need to find an alternate
      route.

      The update on the Site is that its Dry and ready for a weekend of Pre-War
      Revelry.

      Yours in service...

      Marcus

    • Marcus mac Pharláin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2006
        That's good to know... At least there will only be Holiday Traffic to
        contend with. ;-)

        --- In HYPERLINK
        "mailto:ClanMacFarlane%40yahoogroups.com"ClanMacFarlane@-yahoogroups.-com,
        Marcus mac Pharláin <ClanLaird@.-..> wrote:

        > Greetings all...
        >
        > Hope this message find all of you well and free from flooding.
        >
        > I have it on good authority from friends just outside Schenectady that
        I-90
        > West of Exit 25A is Closed for about 120 miles due to flooding with no ETU
        > on when it will reopen.
        [...]

        I am happy to report that the Thruway is now open once again between
        Schenectady and
        Syracuse. See you at Glenn Linn!

        Best,
        Marnen