Convivencia II

  • Kayeadair@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
      Greetings:

      In your planning for the summer and Pennsic don't forget about Convivencia II on Labor day weekend, two weeks after Pennsic. It is going to be a great weekend! With a period Spanish tournament, a medieval "baseball" game. a gaming tavern, dancing, a Spanish fashion show, a bardic telling of el Cid and much more.

      Mistress Jadwiga (who did the feast for Convivencia I) will be doing Saturday's feast. Sunday will have a light dinner and a Spanish fashion show. There will be a lunch tavern both days with game tables where you can eat and play at your leisure. (we will be teaching the games for those who do not know how to play)

      The Tournament will be held below the "gallery", so bring your heraldry to add to the pageantry of the day.

      I am issuing an A&S Spanish challenge; make and document something Spanish. Include documentation showing the Spanish origins, your materials and method. There will be prizes for the best. Categories to be determined later.

      I also need teachers, if you have something Spanish (or related to Spain) to teach, please let me know ASAP and I will put you on the schedule. I will be teaching 13th century Christian clothing and how to build the Spanish pleated toca (hat).

      If you are sick of camping after Pennsic, there is cabin space; just bring your own padding (most beds don't have a mattress; it is a rustic boy scout camp after all) and bedding and don't worry about the tent.

      If you are inclined, we will have a special camping area for those who wish to avoid obviously visible modern things. Bring your pavilion and leave the modern world behind.

      If you have any questions please contact me.

      Isabel Ximenez de Gaucin

    • kringskeep@optonline.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2006
        uuummm..............

        WHERE????????

        Katheryne

      • Kayeadair@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2006
          Peach Bottom PA, Just north of the Maryland border south of Lancaster PA.

          Isabel

          > In your planning for the summer and Pennsic don't forget about
          > Convivencia II on Labor day weekend, two weeks after Pennsic. It
          > is going to be a great weekend! With a period Spanish tournament,
          > a medieval "baseball" game. a gaming tavern, dancing, a Spanish
          > fashion show, a bardic telling of el Cid and much more.
          >
          > <snippage occurs>
          >
          > If you have any questions please contact me.
          > Isabel Ximenez de Gaucin

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Kayeadair@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 17, 2006
            Greetings to all the Spanish geeks out there (and those who just like a different kind of event),

            Convivencia II is coming up on the first weekend of September. It is going to be a great time and I hope that I will see a lot of you there. We will be playing a baseball like game (yes I can document it), have a games tavern for board game, a period Spanish tournament, Classes, a wonderful feast and much more.

            I do have a need. I would like to have classes on Spanish things. I have a few scheduled however I would like to have more. We have 3 days we can fill if necessary. If you are planning to come to Convivenca (or I can convince you to come) and you can teach something about Spain, and any of the cultures that existed there; History, clothing, Heraldery, fighting, Armor, Sewing, food..... Absolutely anything, please let me know and I will put you on the schedule.

            Also, I have issued an Autocrats A&S challenge. for Something from Spain. It can be anything but it needs to be documented to time and place in Spain. See our web page for more details on this. http://silverrylle.eastkingdom.org/events/future.html

            If you are tired of camping at Pennisc, we have boy scout cabins or you can bring your tent. We will have an area set aside for period camping (keeping modern thing out of site and out of the way) As well as lots of other camping space.

            Please consider coming to the Convivencia II, we are going to have a great time.

            Isabel Ximenez de Gaucin