[jenne@fiedlerfamily.net: [Sca-cooks] a library request/challenge]

  • Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2006
      (Please forward as appropriate.)

      Mistress Jadwiga Zajaczkowa challenges SCAdians to change their library
      world by taking the Alice's Restaurant SCA Library Challenge.

      April 2-8, 2006 is National Library Week in the United States.

      I'd like to challenge all SCAdians who hear this to do an "Alice's
      Restaurant" on your local library during the next two weeks, and we'll
      see if libraries notice:

      Walk in, make a small donation of some sort (books, a little money, even
      a quarter, whatever), and say that you are a member of SCA and you
      support libraries.

      Drop me a line or comment on my blog (bunnyjadwiga.livejournal.com) to
      let me know you've done it, if you like.

      After all, "You know, if one person, just one person does it they may
      think he's really sick . . . And three people do it, three, can you
      imagine, three people walking in, givin something, mentioning the SCA
      and walking out. They may think it's an organization. And can you, can
      you imagine fifty people a day, I said fifty people a day walking in,
      donating, mentioning the SCA and walking out. And friends they may think
      it's a movement."

      And it is. The Alice's Restaurant SCA Library Movement. Care to join me?

      "America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on
      imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."
      -- Harry S. Truman

      ----- End forwarded message -----