Lady Mariota de la Moor

  • gianottadallafiora
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2006
      Mariota, who resided in the East Kingdom's Barony of Iron Bog, died unexectedly
      Thursday.

      I don't know if anyone in the SCA dance community or the SCA locally knew her very well.
      She got to dance her first solo at one of the Pennsic haflas last summer. She was a big
      supporter of the mundane ME dance community in the area, particularly the troupes
      Hipnosis (PA), Ak-Ana (PA), and Chovexani (NYC).

      She took classes sponsored by the Shire of Buckland Cross in Bristol, PA. She was one of
      my students.

      Anyone in the area, please free to come by.

      When: Sunday, April 2, 6 p.m. setup time, dancing to begin around 7 p.m.

      Where: Silver Lake Nature Center, Bristol, PA www.silverlakenaturecenter.org/

      I have Thom providing us music. I will be setting up a little display for Bethany - flowers,
      candles, and some pictures.

      If you're so inclined, bring something to eat or drink (nonalcoholic, but I will overlook
      sangria punch ... it's just fruit juice, really!) to share, but it's not necessary.

      End time will be 10 p.m. or whenever we decide to get the hell out (I have the keys, after
      all).

      Let's dance together and reminisce. Let's remember her happy and dancing.