K&Q Rapier Champs Time

  • Colin Monroe
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2006
      Greetings to the Populace of the East

      King and Queen Rapier Championship is fast approaching. It will be held in the Barony of Bhakail on March the 4th. The site will open at 10am, I talked to Don Pascual, the outgoing King's Champion, and he wants to run a tight ship. He will be holding to a start time, I believe, of Noon for the tourney. I know he will correct me if I'm wrong there. We will open the sign-ups as soon as the MoL is ready so I won't put a time on that. It may be as soon as 10am as you walk in the door. The site closes at 7pm. There is no Feast but many restaurants are within 15 minutes of the school for those who want to go out to dine. We will try to have a list of these restaurants at the Troll table with phone numbers to make it easier for everyone.
      Also for those who have not noticed the Autocrat has changed the pricing. There is now a lower rate for those 17 and under. So now fencers with children can bring their families to cheer them on to victory with less strain on their purse. See the full event announcement for that info.
      http://www.eastkingdom.org/event-detail.html?eid=1152

      Collin Monroe
      Deputy Autocrat K&Q Rapier Champs

    • Cynthia Gee
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2006
        I looked at the website and it says the event is at a school. Do you
        plan to hold the tourney indoors or outside? Also is it single
        elimination, double elimination, epee, or schlaeger?

        --- In EKSouth@yahoogroups.com, "Colin Monroe" <collinmonroe@...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 24, 2006
          We will be indoors. The school has a nice size gym that we will be using for the day. As for the format Don Pascaul has come up with a tourney that will have us all worn out by the end of the day. He has posted it on this and other list a few times over the last few weeks. I will not go over that again just now but everyone should get in a lot of fighting. I hope to be able to have a list or two open later in the day for Bear Pit fencing too.

          Collin