GRAB did some say Garb?

  • SterlingDeLaRosa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2005
      Greetings to one and all,
      I was contacted to see if there would be any gentles available to while
      the day away in garb and be extras for a short student film on Sat, Dec 17th
      outside of Philadelphia. The person who contacted me advised that while the
      film is not educational in nature it should be fun. And the thought that
      occurred to me is that when explaining to ppl further what we mean by garb or
      late period we could show them this film as an example. I know you are
      thinking "and how are we going to do that?"
      Well, that's simple. The film is set in the 1540's, Tudor England and while
      they are looking for more common folk garb anyone who comes to be an extra
      will receive a copy of the film once it's finished. And-this is a favorite
      with SCAian's-be fed for the day. If you choose to bring anything that might
      be considered a prop to enhance your extra status that would be welcome, too.
      So the ladies could bring hand sewing to sit and gossip and work on while
      spending the day doing something fun, and the lords stay around and looking
      tough and manly. Wow! It's almost an event with the exception of actual
      fighting.
      So if you would like to spend your day away from the hustle and bustle
      of the mundane world in full scale Christmas shopping insanity, doing
      something fun in garb contact me and I'll gladly give you further details and the
      contact info for the person who contacted me.

      Sterling ...