Sales: Spin, Weave, Knit, etc.

  • Wayne B. Houseknecht
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2005
      I just recently got in some new merchandise. Kingdom Crusades will be the first event that I'll have this merchandise for sale. (Although, of course you can mail order it).

      I will have bison down yarns and spinnable fiber. While this specific fiber is certainly post-SCA period, it can be used as a substitute for some of the finer luxury fibers that were available in period. And, of course, it's just plain neat!

      Now, in all fairness, this stuff is expensive. It is, however, a *lot* warmer than most other wools or fibers. If you want to stretch the expense out a bit, the recommendation is usually to blend it with a wool or alpaca, to both reduce the amount of overheating and the expense. Given that I have circulation problems in my hands and my feet, I'm planning on making some accessories of the pure bison to help me getting to and from SCA events, especially the cold weather ones like Birka.

      See you at the Crusades!

      Kirsten Houseknecht (using my Lord Husband's email)
      cell phone 267 255 2771