Wool

  • Shivaun McGoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2005
      Dia duit!

      My inlaws have three sheep; two Jacobs and one Shetland. They just
      did a shearing, so I now have access to three enormous bags of wool.

      My plan is to divide the wool up into black and white as best I can,
      label by type of sheep, and put it into gallon ziploc bags. If you
      want a bag (or two or three or more.. ) please let me know. (This is
      wool right off the sheep. It's a bit sticky still.) I will be at
      SRWC. I do know that there's more black wool than white, but the
      Jacob wool is really black. The shetland wool got burnt a bit so
      there's a reddish tinge. All of it is really rather lovely and soft.

      In this vein, does anybody know where I can acquire carding combs
      and other tools of the trade? I'd very much like to learn how to
      make the wool spin-ready, and maybe take the process further into
      dyeing. Does anybody have a use for a heck of a lot of lanolin?

      Any advice is very much welcome.

      Siobhan