A&S Fall Issue Reminder

  • Shannon Gallowglass
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23 8:45 AM
      Greetings unto the populace for Lady Shannon Gallowglass, East Kingdom
      Chronicler:

      As you are aware for several months now, the chroniclers departement has
      been looking for submissions of art, article and prose to showoff the
      talents of the East Kingdom in a Arts and Sceiences issue for this Fall.
      ------------------
      Rediscovery

      What most excited you about the SCA at your first event?
      What keeps you here?

      Colorful treasures of our sweet World Knowne ?
      Music and tales of those here and gone?
      Flavors to tantalize, herbs to great ales?
      Finest of silks to the strongest chain mails?
      Aromas of feasts, perfumes’ fragrant scent?
      Send your submission. Share your excitement.

      We are seeking submissions from any and all who are willing to share
      their favorite aspects of “The Dream” for the upcoming issue of the Arts
      and Sciences of the East Kingdom.

      Deadline for submissions is June 15th. Please e-mail Breice Dyllwan at
      aseditor@...
      Or call 203-417-6805 for submission guidelines.

      -----------------

      As of this date, we have only received 5 submissions. The deadline is
      June 15, 2005 for a Fall issue to be printed.

      If we do not receive at least 10 articles and prose and 5 pieces of
      artwork, we will not be able to justify the cost of printing. (this is
      only a mimium. Anything over a above this that will not fit in the Fall
      issue, I will save for the next issue. Which I hope will be in the Spring)

      We need your help.

      With"Rediscovery" in mind and the theme of the Fall isue being "The
      Sciences of Peace" I would like to see articlers, arts and prose from
      the following ideas:

      In the Kitchen (recipies, period foods, period kitchen untencils)
      In the Bower (anything with sewing, needlework, dying of cloth)
      In the Still Room (herbology, medicine, perfumes, tintures)
      Hunting, Hawking and Husbandry
      Prose and Poetry
      Jewlery and Armoury

      Further, I will be attending Alls Faire in Love and War/K&Q Arts and
      Sciences Champions in the Shire of Hartshorn-dale on May 27-30. Please
      drop by and submit something.

      I want to see this happen, but I cannot do it without the help and
      talents of our Kingdom.

      Please feel free to pass this along to all lists and interested groups.

      Send all inquiries to aseditor@... .

      Thank you for your time and efforts.

      Yours In Service,
      Lady Shannon Gallowglass