Re: Branches w/o Warranted Heralds

  • Brunissende de Brocéliande
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hey
      I was looking and some of the Branches are from Canada. I'll try to write a French version
      of your text and send it up there.
      It probably can't hurt :)
      Otherwise I've forwarded it to a fencers list where I know there are people from some of
      the groups mentionned.

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
        Sorry
        That was meant to be private
        No more posting before coffee :(

        Brunissende
      • owynn_greenwood
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
          --- In EKSouth@yahoogroups.com, scribe0002@a... wrote:
          > Greetings to the list from Gisela Mosaic Herald and apologies to
          those who
          > will recieve this more than once. I ask folks to pass this message
          on as it is
          > appropriate.
          >
          > Every branch . . . Shire, Canton, Barony or Principality of the
          East is
          > required to have a warranted herald. In my capacity as Mosaic, I
          am charged with
          > maintaining a list of warranted heralds in each branch.

          Cantons, Ridings, Colleges, Strongholds, and Ports are not required
          to have heralds according to East Kingdom Law. They must have at
          least one of the following : Herald, Knight Marshal, and or Minister
          of A&S (Section VII, I. 2. C. & Section VII, J. 1. C).

          Lord Owynn Greenwood
          Barony of Settmour Swamp
        • Brunissende de Brocéliande
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
            That is true
            However I would think it might be possible for subgroups that don't have a group Herald
            to have somebody just take 5 minutes to email Mosaic, or Brigantia or somebody just to
            tell that they don't have one, so that the quest for missing Heralds can stop :)
            Just my opinion

            Brunissende

          • scribe0002@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
              Good my lord Owynn,

              I was mistaken on the requirement for Canton and my statement was worded
              poorly. I stand corrected in this matter. However, as the indefatigable
              Brunissende says, I would still like to hear from as many groups as possible in order
              that our information may be as correct as possible.

              Thank you for reading my missive and for taking the care and time to correct
              my misinformation.

              Be well.

              ~gise

              That is true
              However I would think it might be possible for subgroups that don't have a
              group Herald
              to have somebody just take 5 minutes to email Mosaic, or Brigantia or
              somebody just to
              tell that they don't have one, so that the quest for missing Heralds can
              stop :)
              Just my opinion

              Brunissende

            • Albert Villon
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
                Actually, according to current East Kingdom Law,
                Cantons are not require to have a Herald.

                http://www.eastkingdom.org/Law/currentlaw.html#VII
                J. Cantons and Ridings
                1. A Canton or Riding is required to have, at
                minimum, the following Officers.
                a. Seneschal
                b. Chancellor of the Exchequer
                c. Herald and/OR Knight Marshal and/OR
                Minister of Arts and Sciences

                Lord Albert Villon
                Seneschal of the Barony of Bhakail

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Bob Upson
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
                  On 1 Mar 2005 at 13:48, Brunissende de Broc�liande wrote:

                  > However I would think it might be possible for subgroups that don't have a group Herald
                  > to have somebody just take 5 minutes to email Mosaic, or Brigantia or somebody just to
                  > tell that they don't have one, so that the quest for missing Heralds can stop :)

                  That's backwards. If Mosaic or Brigantia doesn't have them on the
                  roster, then the group doesn't have a herald. (They may *think* that
                  they have one but if they aren't on the kingdom roster, they aren't
                  the group herald.=)

                  YIS,
                  Macsen
                  Old used up herald
                  (Who used to fill one of those slots on the missing list until
                  somebody else came along just dying to be the herald. Apparently
                  he's gone AWOL. ;)

                • scribe0002@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 10, 2005
                    Greetings to the lists and forgive my cross posting.

                    I am so close to having all the branch heralds accounted for . . . so close
                    . . . If there are folks here from these groups or if you know folks in these
                    groups, please ask them to contact me so I can either warrant their heralds
                    or note that they do not have an active herald.

                    Barony Beyond the Mountain; Shires of Anglespur, Caer Adamant, Coldwood, Les
                    Sylves Constellees, Ar n-Eileen-ne, Barren Sands; and the Cantons of Sea
                    Tyger's Rhyn, Keep by the Endless Sea, Sandmork, Fennbrycg, Dragon's Aerie,
                    Bowman's Rest, Lion's End, Forestgate and Trollhaven

                    In order to hold a branch heraldic office or accept submissions in the East,
                    a person must hold a warrant from the hand of the current Brigantia. That is
                    attained through Mosaic Herald, me. I need SCA Name & Title, SCA Membership
                    Number & Exp Date, Branch Served, Title of Office if any is registered,
                    Mundane Name & Address, E-mail Address and Optionally a Phone Number.

                    Simple. Then our list is up to date and completely correct. Thank you for
                    your time and all your services whoever you are reading this missive. It is
                    appreciated.

                    Gisela Mosaic
                    mosaic@...