Invitation to Bhakail's Fight Practice

  • Sabine
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2005
      Bonjour mes amis!

      The following is from Darmon...

      -Sabine

      An Invitation:
      All are welcome at the Bhakail Fighter practice. We share space with
      the Bhakail Fencers on Thursday evenings from 7:30 PM until we are worn
      out, at the Central Methodist Church. Occasionally we have to fight
      them for the floor, but we always win!

      The Central Methodist Church is located at Griscom and Orthodox Sts. in
      the Frankford section of Philadelphia. There is limited parking behind
      the Church as well as on-street parking around the front and side. It
      looks a bit off-putting but it's safe as long as you wear your armor
      there. Just kidding. No one has had any trouble in going on 9 years!

      If you are on your way to practice, but you won't be there by 7:45 PM,
      it's a good idea to give me a call. Otherwise, if no one is there, I
      might leave. You can reach me at 267-825-4190.

      Directions:
      From 76 - Take Route 1 North (Roosevelt Blvd.). Stay in the outer
      lanes. You will pass the Home Depot center on the LEFT. Continue north
      on Rt 1. Turn RIGHT on Pratt Street (it's marked pretty well). Come
      down to Griscom Street. Turn RIGHT on Griscom. Pass Harrison Street and
      Oxford Avenue. You will pass the bus terminal on the left. Continue on
      Griscom. The church is on the RIGHT. * It is a gray stone building.
      There is a driveway along the right side of the building leading to a
      rear parking area, or you can park anywhere you can find space on the
      street. There are two entrances. One is in the rear, off the parking
      lot and the other is on the front side of the building, on the Griscom
      Street side towards Orthodox street.

      From 95 - Take the Bridge Street exit. Bear left at the bottom of the
      ramp. Turn LEFT at the second light, on Wakeling Street. Stay on
      Wakeling until it forks. You have to take the LEFT fork which becomes
      Harrison Street. Stay on Harrison one block past Frankford Avenue (the
      elevated train runs above Frankford Ave). Turn LEFT on Griscom Street.
      Stay on Griscom, pass Oxford Ave, keep going until you see the Church
      on the RIGHT. follow from * above.

      Darmon
      Knight Marshal, Bhakail

      =====
      It had never occurred to me before that music and thinking are so much alike. In fact you could say music is another way of thinking, or maybe thinking is another kind of music. -Ursula K. Le Guin

      Music in the East Kingdom!
      http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/ekmusicalstudies
      http://my.yahoo.com