Known World Scribal Gathering At Pennsic

  • kmcwhyte@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2004
      Forwarded with permission, apologies for the multiple cross-postings you may see.
      Thank you,

      Kayleigh

      To Scribes of the Known World (yes, please forward this):

      It is one week until the beginning of Pennsic War and it is
      with joy and sorrow that I write to you all. Due to personal
      reasons the possibility is very real that I will be unable
      to attend Pennsic this year. However, the Known World
      Scribal Gathering will be held at the Middle Kingdom Royal
      Encampment on Tuesday the 17th of August from 3pm until
      5pm. It is with joy that I tell you my deputies have
      graciously stepped into my place and will be your hostesses
      this year, Mistress Ellen of the Scholars from the Middle
      Kingdom and Lady Kayleigh McWhyte from the East Kingdom.

      It is both kind and generous of the Dragon Thrones to allow
      us to again gather within the confines of Their encampment
      and I, for one, am certainly grateful. The space they give
      us every year to gather allows us shade within the shelter
      of a large tent and offers protection for the artworks we
      view while we wonder at the talents of those among us.

      I highly encourage you all to attend the Known World Scribal
      Gathering and bring your works in progress, your works
      completed, your portfolios, your knowledge, and your
      questions. Please also bring your friends! Each year a
      small number of people attend who are interested in the
      scribal arts but who have yet to participate in them. They
      always go away buzzing about what they will do and how much
      fun it all seems. One doesn’t need to be an active scribe to
      attend; one only needs an interest in things scribal, so
      please do extend this invitation to all who might have
      interest.

      Again, finger-food-style snacks will be provided, as will
      drinks; but please *bring your own drinking vessel*. The
      food is usually on a table nowhere near the objects of our
      meeting – the beautiful works of art and amazing collections
      in portfolios that you all bring each year for us to gaze
      upon.

      Please, bring your works in progress, your works completed,
      your portfolios, your knowledge, your questions, and those
      you know to be interested in all things scribal to the Known
      World Scribal Gathering at Pennsic War, August 17, from 3pm
      to 5pm within the Middle Kingdom Royal Encampment.

      Smiles,
      Despina de la Brasov
      Apprentice to Baron Wolfgang von Roessler, OL
      Middle Kingdom Arts and Sciences Champion AS39
      Midlands Regional Arts and Sciences Champion AS 38 and AS39