New Bards

  • Ana Areces
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8 7:46 AM
      I don't have access to computers over the weekends, usually, but I'm glad
      someone made that announcement. (Well, I'm just a *little* miffed.) ;-)

      It was my great pleasure to hand over the sashes of office to the King to
      present to Lady Siobhan and Master Arden, respectively. I also thank
      everyone who participated. It was *difficult* to pare down the list of 11
      to 6 then to 4 then to have their Majesties and Highnesses decide, but the
      difficulty also means that the quality of our poets, musicians and singers
      in this kingdom is something to be proud of. It was an honor and a
      privilege, everyone.

      I left my notes at home, but if anyone wants the details of the contest,
      contact me privately, and I'll be glad to recount what happened on the
      morrow.

      With much thanks,

      Dona Ana Raquel de Guzman, Troub., OM, Seahorse, QHD
      Apprenticed to Mistress Dorigen of the Gray Gate

      My comfort above all others,
      I remain yours forever,
      always faithful, in true honor.
      And now, may God protect you,
      safe in virtue,
      until I return.
      --Heinrich Isaac, 16th c. composer of lute songs

> [...]
      >
      >Kingdom of Aethelmearc Archery Office: Links to Archery Resources:
      >http://www.capnmac.com/archery/resources.html
      >An Excellent and informative list of links
      >
      >SCA Archery Marshal Handbook copyright SCA, Inc.
      >http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/combat/armored/marshal_handbook.pdf
      >
      >Order of the Scarlet Guard
      >The archey community forum!
      >http://www.scarletguard.org/forum/
      >
      >More Suggested Reading:
      >The Medieval Archer Author: Bradbury, Jim Pub. date: 11/1985
      > ISBN: 0-312-52665-2 St Martin's Press
      >Crossbows Author:Bilson, Frank Pub. date:1974, 1983
      > ISBN:0-88254-701-1 Hippocrene Book
      >Treasures of the Tower: Crossbows Author: ? Pub. date:1976, 1981
      > ISBN:0-11-670445-4 Publisher:Government Bookshops. London
      >
      >Magazine Articles:
      >Foley, Palmer, and Soedel. "The Crossbow." Scientific American.
      >January, 1985
      >Weis, Norman, and Anderson. "A Modern Crossbow You Can Make."
      >Mechanix Illustrated. December, 1976
      >

      >Come with bows bent and with emptying of quivers,
      > Maiden most perfect, lady of light,
      >With a noise of winds and many rivers,
      > With a clamour of waters, and with might;
      >Bind on thy sandals, O thou most fleet,
      >Over the splendour and speed of thy feet;
      >For the faint east quickens, the wan west shivers,
      > Round the feet of the day and the feet of the night.
      >----Algernon Charles Swinburne. 1837-1909
      >Chorus from 'Atalanta' (a work celebrating, amongst other things, spring)

      >Message: 4
      > Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 16:08:32 -0500
      > From: jazzquinn@...
      >Subject: Northpass Arms Presents!
      >
      >Greetings from the Wench-ocrat of Bear's Tavern!
      >
      >We have a minor dilemma - the winner of the Boffer Tournament left site
      >before prizes were awarded.
      >
      >Our Champion fought well, with chivalry and honor, and just generally put
      >on a darn good show.
      >
      >Will anyone who knows Isenay, MKA Marcus Wagner please ask him to get in
      >touch with me or contact me on his behalf. An email with "Tavern" in
      >the title to jazzquinn@... or to PMSattack@... would be
      >greatly appreciated!
      >
      >YIS,
      >Jacki/Jenna Childslayer
      >
      >"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for one night. Set a man on
      >fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

      >Message: 5
      > Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 16:47:45 -0500
      > From: Rowen Stuffer <rowenstuffer@...>
      >Subject: Re: [EK] So, new bards?
      >
      >Hopefully not usurping Dona Ana's position by announcing, but since the
      >question was already asked...
      >
      >The final round saw competition between Lady Siobhan inghean ui
      >Dhonnabhain, Lady Sabine Kerbriant de Lanvaux, Lord Garth Fairchild
      >called Toki Redbeard, and Master Arden of Icombe. The chosen topic was
      >"Comical/Humorous Stories".
      >
      >In Court that evening, Her Majesty Luna presented Lady Siobhan the
      >baldric of the Queen's Bard, followed by His Majesty Balfar naming

      Create a Job Alert on MSN Careers and enter for a chance to win $1000!
      http://msn.careerbuilder.com/promo/kaday.htm?siteid=CBMSN_1K&sc_extcmp=JS_JASweep_MSNHotm2
    • Winter Star
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8 8:52 AM
        Considering that it was his Lady who won, I'm
        surprised it wasn't posted the minute Lord Rowen
        arrived home.:)

        http://search.yahoo.com