Re: [EKSouth] Re: A wonderful idea

  • Haraldr Bassi (yahoogroups)
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 29, 2004
      <quote who="gabrielle_of_whitehouse">

      > As a small suggestion for event planners, it would be extremely
      > helpful if at events, a specific space could be set aside for
      > children to gather (with their parent/s). This is indeed happening
      > at many events, and of course reserving an extra room is easier at

      Frosted Hills has had space available for children's activities at every
      event we have held since I've been seneschal (over a decade).

      At Hrim Schola VIII, March 13th, we will again be providing a space children.

      More info can be found at the event announcement:

      http://www.eastkingdom.org/event-detail.html?eid=784

      And class info can be found:

      http://www.cs.vassar.edu/~capriest/hs8classes.html

      As the event notice says, we have no fee for this event as our shire
      members greatly dislike the concept of an NMS. As we do have expenses, any
      donations to help us cover the costs of the event will be greatly
      appreciated and warmly thanked.

      Look forward to seeing people there...

      Haraldr

      --
      Haraldr Bassi, Frosted Hills, East
      yahoo at drakkar org
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2004
        > So that's my two cents. And Dame Aoife, if you are reading, I would
        > love to see some links to websites that feature easy medieval-type
        > activities for children. I have a couple places I go before events
        > to print out medieval coloring pages, but I'm willing to bet there
        > are lots more out there ...
        >
        > In Service to the East and the Society,
        > Gabrielle van Nijenrode

        There are a few links on http://youth.aethelmearc.net .

        Ennoguent, webmistress.
      • dragonscrowe@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2004
          I find the timing of this quite interesting, since I will be proposing a very similar event to my shire at our next business meeting. If all goes well, we'll have our own kids event in the southern region :-)
          If anyone has any suggestions or things they'd like to see, email me privately, I am open to ideas :-)

          -Rosaline
          shire of Silver Rylle

        • purplkat@optonline.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2004
            FYI - if you go to your local newspaper office and ask for 'end rolls'
            (they are rolls of newsprint that have too little left to use in the
            presses) Usually they don't charge you anything or $1 - $3 per roll.

            I have found that the smallest rolls can be used for tablecovers for approx
            50 standard picnic tables quite nicely.

            Have the kids decorate their own 'place setting' for feast.

            Lady Katheryne

            http://mail2web.com/ .