The Canterbury Ring

  • Lew Wolkoff
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2004
      "The Canterbury Ring" by Geoffrey Chaucer

      by rjk

      Whan that aprill with his shoures soote
      Old Hobbiton hath perced to the roote,
      And Frodo drinken down in swich licour
      Of which vertu he passeth happy hour;
      Whan Gandalphus eek with his wise voice
      Inspired hath in Frodo's heart a choice,
      (so priketh him nature in his corages);
      To join odd folk to goon on pilgrimages,
      And travel far to seken straunge strondes,
      To ferne halwes, kowthe in sondry londes;
      And specially from this homely shire's ende
      To Mordor, evil's keep, to wende
      To cast into the fire this One great Ring

      This excerpt is from a site that features versons of Lord of the Ring as if
      written by everyone from Jack Keroac to Rogers and Hammerstein. Other
      period authors include Cervantes and Shakespeare. The site is:

      www.teemings.com/extras/lotr/

      Eleazar ha-Levi

      Take advantage of our limited-time introductory offer for dial-up Internet
      access. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup
    • Robin Carroll-Mann
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2004
        Vincenzo, Phlip is trying to get in touch with you. If you don't have her
        contact information, please email me privately.

        If you are not Vincenzo, but know how to contact him, please pass the word
        along.

        Thank you!

        Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
        rcmann4@...