Re: [EKSouth] new movies

  • alienor
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 9, 2003
      Alison Choyce wrote:

      >Hi,
      >Luther was released about a month or so ago in Southeastern PA, and
      >unfortunately bombed. I did not get a chance to see it, but it's gone since
      >it was not a money maker.

      Actually, the press releases stated that it was intended to only be a
      short run in select theaters. For those who didn't manage to see it, it
      is supposed to be released on video tape in the Spring. It was
      excellent, historically, and the costuming looked very good to me. If
      it hits the second run theaters, I would make an effort to see it.
      Cheers,
      Alienor

    • Avice of Greylyng
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 9, 2003
        Yes, saw it at a preview a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. Took a
        Japanese history buff with me and he only had a few minor complaints. I was
        very impressed. It is to be noted that (I believe, as I have heard this
        second hand but from a person I believe) all the bows for the movie were
        made by Yumi the bow merchant seen at Pennsic.(I've scoured the imdb
        credits for clues as to the truth of this but can neither confirm nor deny.)
        In short, good film!

        -Avice

        At 10:58 AM 12/9/2003, you wrote:
        >I know it's more OT than Timeline but has anyone seen "The Last Samurai"
        >? It looks promising from the trailers.
        >Thanks, Mairgret
        >
        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        ><http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cc9lju5/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705767503:HM/EXP=1071071965/A=1853619/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60178356&partid=4116732>
        >5f3de66.jpg
        >
        >5f3dedf.jpg

      • Alison Choyce
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 9, 2003
          Hi,
          Luther was released about a month or so ago in Southeastern PA, and
          unfortunately bombed. I did not get a chance to see it, but it's gone since
          it was not a money maker.

          In service, Alison Wodehalle

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 12, 2003
            Don't know where you are located but I know Luther starts today at
            Pocono Cinema in
            PA. I live about 2 and a half hours away and that's the closest it's
            playing to me right
            now.
            Mary of the Stews