Melee practice in northern Atlantia

  • keilynsca
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2003
      The Northern Atlantian fighters, having realized that our melee
      skills are a tad rusty <grin>, are holding a melee practice on
      November 9th in the Barony of Ponte Alto (thanks to their local
      marshal for letting us take over the practice!) Training will cover
      things like how to work in small units, how to cover/work with your
      neighbor, how to move as a unit and answer questions such as "Just
      what is a killing cup?". We would love to see some of our Eastern
      brethren there!

      From 1pm to 2pm there will be an unarmed class/discussion/drills on
      how units work, taking advantage of different weapons forms, unit
      cohesion, etc. then there will be an armoured practice from 2pm til
      dark (which is about 5pm).

      This practice is outdoors, so if the weather is bad, the practice
      won't be held. The practice is will be behind the Tysons-Pimmet
      Regional Library at 7584 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, Virginia.
      Sorry, since this is a practice, not an event, no authourizations can
      be conducted.

      Directions: Take your best route to I-495 (Washington DC beltway).
      Get off at the exit for Route 7 East (Falls Church, Virginia). The
      library is on the left about 1 mile. Park your car in the library lot
      and go down the hill to the practice.

      Please contact Kevin of Thornbury (Kevin Maxson) at 703-810-8438 or
      kevin at maxson dot com for information.

      (Keep in mind if you're coming down that there are many other fine
      things to do Sunday morning such as visiting the Walters Art Gallery
      in Baltimore, etc. Crash space can even be arranged for those
      interested in coming down earlier! For this sort of info, contact
      Keilyn at beth at cramton dot com)

      Regards,

      Keilyn