Event Announcement Autumn Schola 11/8

  • Rainillt
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2003
      My apologies to those that recieve this more than
      once. Please pass this on to your local groups.

      The fall is now upon us, and as such comes the 3rd
      annual Autumn Schola : Bolt, Book and Bottle, hosted
      by the Shire of Hartshorn-dale, being held once again
      in Boyertown, PA ( in the new facilities
      ).http://www.hartshorn-dale.org/schola.php

      As in other years, we have a full roster of classes
      which can be found in the event announcement here :
      http://www.hartshorn-dale.org/schola/classes.php The
      classes range from Beadmaking to embroidery, to garb
      to brewing and more . There is once again a special
      track devoted to those newer to the SCA. There is
      still room for a few teachers, if you are interested
      please me at Rainillt@...

      New to the Schola is our first Triathalon Arts and
      Science competetion. Keeping in the theme with the
      Schola, this is focusing on Textiles and Embroidery,
      Cooking and Brewing related Arts. The full category
      list can be found here :
      http://www.hartshorn-dale.org/schola.php We also have
      a separate competition for children, with 2 categories
      12-16 and 11 and under.

      We are encouraging people who have never competed to
      come and at least display their work. The event is
      fun, relaxed and there is no pressure. This is a great
      way to be introduced to the A and S competitions.

      I am putting a call out for people who would like to
      judge. You need not have experience ( in fact this is
      a good place to learn as you will be in a team ) just
      knowledge in the area you would like to judge. Please
      contact Lady Brynn at ladybrynn@... or myself at
      Rainillt@... or please let us know when you
      arrive at the event that you would like to judge.

      *NB On a final note, please use the directions in the
      event announcement not the pikestaff, there are very
      minor changes to the directions in the pikestaff.

      YIS
      Baroness Rainillt Leia de Bello Marisco
      Deputy Autocrat and Instructor Coordinator

      http://shopping.yahoo.com