Re: [EKSouth] Re: Full time work week

  • Bob Upson
    Message 1 of 57 , May 2, 2003
      On 2 May 2003 at 12:13, Lisa Dennen wrote:

      > Here's a question....how many of you send in a postage paid postcard
      > with your membership renewal? I do every time. And I receive that
      > back within a couple of days. That is proof that you have a

      I stopped doing it when the post card never returned two years in a
      row. =)

      > membership. But, then again, those that use a credit card via fax,
      > wouldn't the confirmation of the fax being received also be the same
      > as the stamped postcard? Seraphina

      It only proves that a fax was received -- not what was on it. One
      year I faxed in our memberships and thought everything was fine
      and dandy. Two weeks later I my faxes were returned in the mail
      with a note that the cc numbers were incomplete. It appears nobody
      bothered to read the cover sheet where I had duplicated all the
      pertinent information because I worried that the cc numbers were
      awfully close to the edge of the page...

      YIS,
      Macsen
    • reya1333
      Message 57 of 57 , May 14, 2003
        i believe some of the tax advice the sca has gotten over the years
        was extremely conservative due to the fact that the corporate office
        has had in the past,a limited ability to directly oversee the "making
        money" aspects of small groups. The BoD has discouraged many of
        these activities to keep people from (some well intentioned, some
        not) stepping over the line into activities that would jepordize the
        sca as a whole. Corporate is responsible if a local group begins to
        sell something and then distributes the proceeds among its members,
        and that action would affect the sca's non-profit status.

        reya