Re: [EKSouth] Digest Number 1052

  • Lew Wolkoff
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2003
      Robin Carroll-Mann said:

      >There is a receipt out there someplace for Arab mead. It was in a
      >SCA publication some time ago last year. if any one finds it please >pass
      >it on to me . Thank you in advance----cheslov

      I'm currently working on an article for TI about two period Jewish mead
      recipes found in Goitein's _A Mediterranean Society: Jewish Life in the Arab
      World_. Actually one recipe is for an alcoholic additive to strengthen a
      wine or mead, the other is a mead.

      The problem is that the measurement "jarrah" is used in the first recipe,
      and Goitein didn't know what the equivalant was.

      Does anyone one this List know? Also, could someone pass this question on
      to Duke Cariadoc?

      Thanks.

      Eleazar ha-Levi

    • Chester D. Karasinski
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1 10:20 PM
        answer to ROBIN CARROLL -MANN
        From cheslov;
        when all 160 boxes are unpacked here at our farm ; we shall eventually
        find this recipe again . in the mean time we have found all the
        brewing gear and you have supplied the recipe we were looking for. Thank
        you ..thank you , thank you thank you and.................thank
        you!!!..............now we can get on with the project!, I noticed that i
        have been corrected in that it is not really a mead recipe, yes, I think
        that is true. after it is brewed we shall see what it taste like . mead or
        not ; this should be interesting. the saffron was the hardest thing to