Important Notice Regarding Crown Tournament

  • Giovanna Lamberti
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2002
      Forwarded per request.

      Subject: Important notice regarding Crown Tournament

      Greetings!

      The following is an important notice for all Combatants and Consorts
      intending on entering Their Majesties' Crown Tournament on October 26, 2002.

      Their Majesties, Andreas and Isabella, are requiring that all combatants and
      consorts hold valid memberships until at least November 30, 2002 in order to
      enter Their Crown Tournament. If you are intending on entering Crown and
      your membership expires prior to that date, please immediately apply for
      renewal. When applying for renewal through mail, I advise that you also
      forward
      a self-addressed, stamped postcard along with your application to the
      Society Membership Office so they may confirm your membership renewal. You
      will
      need to bring proof of renewal with you to Crown. If possible, please provide

      the proof of renewal to Their Majesties and myself prior to Crown.

      If your membership expires prior to October 31, 2002, or you have forwarded
      letters of intent without proof of current membership, and I have not
      already been in touch with you, please contact me immediately. You may
      e-mail
      me at seneschal@....

      Please cross post this notice to any applicable lists serving the East
      Kingdom. I have already forwarded it to the Silver Crescent list and the EK
      Seneschal's list.

      Thank you.

      Baroness Katherine Barr
      East Kingdom Seneschal.

      http://faith.yahoo.com
    • wyvern@megahits.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2002
        On 5 Oct 2002 at 7:50, Giovanna Lamberti wrote:

        > The following is an important notice for all Combatants and Consorts
        > intending on entering Their Majesties' Crown Tournament on October 26,
        > 2002.
        >
        > Their Majesties, Andreas and Isabella, are requiring that all
        > combatants and consorts hold valid memberships until at least November
        > 30, 2002 in order to enter Their Crown Tournament. If you are

        Why demand more than is required under SCA and EK law? Has a reason
        been given for this?

        YIS,
        Macsen
      • asinou@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2002
          Macsen,

          Unlike Crowns of the past that asked for 6 months post crown
          memberships, we think a month is enough time for you renew.
          If you have any further questions, see me at an event and I will be
          happy to explain it to you at length.

          Andreas - Imperator

        • wyvern@megahits.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 7, 2002
            On 6 Oct 2002 at 16:19, asinou@... wrote:

            > Unlike Crowns of the past that asked for 6 months post crown
            > memberships, we think a month is enough time for you renew.

            My apologies, Majesty, I had thought that you were extending the time
            period rather than shortening it. (I didn't realize that other monarchs
            had required longer periods.) It just seemed odd to require a membership
            to last beyond Crown Tourney when the only legal requirement was for it to
            be in force on the day of the Tourney and then maintained in the event of
            victory.

            > If you have any further questions, see me at an event and I
            > will be happy to explain it to you at length.

            Thank you, but there's no need. I heartily agree with keeping the entry
            requirements as minimal as possible. =)

            YIS,
            Macsen