Re: [EKSouth] Pennsic

  • LdDankwert@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , May 29, 2002
      At Her Graces Request....

      Anyone excited for war??? :)

      Anyone have any interesting plans for this year?

    • Matthew Lecin
      Message 2 of 14 , May 29, 2002
        LdDankwert@... wrote:
        >Anyone have any interesting plans for this year?

        I, for one, am going to try to get to as many of the period tournies as possible.

        Mitchell, B�ro et Miles

        _ _ _ | In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there
        ' )' )' ) Semper | was in me an invincible summer. - Albert Camus
        / / / Esuriens |
        / (_' | Matthew J. Lecin mjl at all hell dot com
      • demontsegur
        Message 3 of 14 , May 29, 2002
          --- In EKSouth@y..., Matthew Lecin <mjl@a...> wrote:
          > LdDankwert@a... wrote:
          > >Anyone have any interesting plans for this year?
          >
          > I, for one, am going to try to get to as many of the period
          tournies as possible.

          > Mitchell, Bâro et Miles

          Speaking of tourneys, the Passage of Arms at Alles Faire in Love and
          War held by the Company of St. Michael for the Shire of Hartshorn-
          dale was just *lovely*. It was my first time actually witnessing such
          a Pas and I was really taken with it.

          I too will attempt to see as many period tourneys at Pennsic as
          possible this year!

          Also, as a reminder, the Company of St. Michael will be holding
          another Pas d'Armes at the Lady Day Tourney in Silver Rylle at the
          end of June. I highly encourage everyone to come and see it and if
          you do fight, please come and challenge the tenants of St. Michael.
          If you are authorized in bastard sword, here's a great opportunity to
          practice against some excellent bastard sword wielders.

          Marcele
        • mebrett@vassar.edu
          Message 4 of 14 , May 29, 2002
            >Anyone excited for war??? :)
            Very! :)

            >Anyone have any interesting plans for this year?
            Crying as many camps as possible, visiting the child who was 4months
            last Pennsic, meeting the new baby in the encampment...at least, I
            think it's interesting.

            Ana bhecc

          • Theboss687@aol.com
            Message 5 of 14 , May 29, 2002
              In a message dated 05/29/2002 5:12:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
              mebrett@... writes:

              > new baby in the encampment...at least, I
              > think it's interesting.

              I do too -- will be camping with 11+ month old and having 1st birthday party
              there. Look in "The Pennsic Independent" unclassified for the invitation!!!!

              Brighid

            • Timothy & Gabrielle Taylor
              Message 6 of 14 , May 29, 2002
                Theboss687@... wrote:

                > In a message dated 05/29/2002 5:12:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                > mebrett@... writes:
                >
                > > new baby in the encampment...at least, I
                > > think it's interesting.

                Especially if you're involved at all in looking after them! We're trying to
                completely surround our encampment with sheet walls this year, we'll have three
                (at last count) new walkers wandering around who will need to be contained.
                Although I think they will enjoy trying to squeeze out the edge of the sheet wall
                for it to be effective.

                Gabrielle
              • Royce
                Message 7 of 14 , May 29, 2002
                  Bungee cords and duct tape. Works for teenagers as well....

                  :::DUCK:::

                  Bercilak

                  > In a message dated 05/29/2002 5:12:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                  > mebrett@... writes:
                  >
                  > > new baby in the encampment...at least, I
                  > > think it's interesting.

                  Especially if you're involved at all in looking after them! We're
                  trying to
                  completely surround our encampment with sheet walls this year, we'll
                  have three
                  (at last count) new walkers wandering around who will need to be
                  contained.
                  Although I think they will enjoy trying to squeeze out the edge of the
                  sheet wall
                  for it to be effective.

                  Gabrielle

                  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                • Wulstan
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 29, 2002
                    Your Grace,

                    That is what Duct tape is for.

                    :)

                    --Wulstan
                    > In a message dated 05/29/2002 5:12:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                    > mebrett@... writes:
                    >
                    > > new baby in the encampment...at least, I
                    > > think it's interesting.

                    Especially if you're involved at all in looking after them! We're trying to
                    completely surround our encampment with sheet walls this year, we'll have three
                    (at last count) new walkers wandering around who will need to be contained.
                    Although I think they will enjoy trying to squeeze out the edge of the sheet wall
                    for it to be effective.

                    Gabrielle

                  • Robin Carroll-Mann
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 29, 2002
                      LdDankwert@... wrote:
                      >Anyone have any interesting plans for this year?

                      Teaching one class, and attending several others... going to bardic
                      circles, and telling new tales... the Known World Cooks' Potluck
                      (yummm!)... and, of course... SHOPPING!

                      Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
                      rcmann4@...
                    • monica e. spence
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 30, 2002
                        Lady Una: Please email me privately. I have an offer for you for Pennsic
                        Camping.
                        Dame Catriona
                        (Resident of the Barony of An Dubhaigeainn)
                      • bronwynmgn@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 31, 2002
                          In a message dated 5/29/2002 5:47:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                          demontsegur@... writes:

                          > Also, as a reminder, the Company of St. Michael will be holding
                          > another Pas d'Armes at the Lady Day Tourney in Silver Rylle at the
                          > end of June. I highly encourage everyone to come and see it and if
                          > you do fight, please come and challenge the tenants of St. Michael.

                          Marcele, thank you for the encouragement to attend our event! I really
                          appreciate it. Folks, fo rthose interested in finding out more about this
                          event, check the East Kingdom website event calendar for the most up-to-date
                          info.

                          Brangwayna Morgan
                          Kitchener for Lady Day

                        • mebrett@vassar.edu
                          Message 12 of 14 , May 31, 2002
                            "or upon a ben azure, a mullet betwixt two cresents of the filed; in
                            addition to which they foremerly bore in the field a hunting horn."

                            ???

                            Ana bhecc
                          • mebrett@vassar.edu
                            Message 13 of 14 , May 31, 2002
                              >Can I ask where on earth this came from?
                              >
                              >Ailis

                              Certainly, especially as you gave me more of an idea of what it
                              looked like than I had before.

                              It's the arms of the Scott family. I'm a scott, a few generations to
                              get there, and then many generations as a Scott. There's a neat poem
                              about how the family got its name, and there was a description of the
                              arms. "Hey," I thought, "Mullets and crescents! I like those. I've
                              even been toying with them on my own device!" BUt my herald-ese is
                              limited, so I though I'd appeal to wiser sources.

                              hello to any other rl members of the Scott family out there - we're
                              cousins! sorta.

                              In Service,

                              Ana bhecc

                            • Alissa Pyrich
                              Message 14 of 14 , May 31, 2002
                                On 31 May 2002, at 19:21, mebrett@... wrote:

                                > "or

                                Or = the color gold/yellow, this is the base color of the arms

                                > upon a ben azure,

                                That should be a "bend azure". It's a diagonal blue line reaching
                                from one upper corner of the arms to the opposite base of the arms.

                                > a mullet betwixt two cresents of the filed;

                                A mullet is a star. Two crescents should be self-explanatory. I
                                believe the intended phrase is "of the field" which probably means
                                that they are gold/yellow in color. The mullet and the crescents
                                are placed on the blue bend.

                                > in
                                > addition to which they foremerly bore in the field a hunting horn."

                                This one has me stumped. I can only suppose that it means that
                                there is a hunting horn of some color in the main part of the arms,
                                as opposed to being placed on the bend. There's no color
                                identified and no location identified in the blazon you've given.