Coronation Update

  • Holly
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2002
      Greetings from Linette de Gallardon!

      I have several items of information to update the populace regarding the
      upcoming Coronation of Darius and Roxane; I beg the list's indulgence.

      Feast: If you were hoping to make reservations for the feast: technically
      we're sold out at this time, and we do not want anyone to send checks
      through the mail as they may not reach us before Saturday. BUT anyone who
      arrives early in the day on Saturday, and pays to be on the waiting list,
      stands a very good chance of getting onboard.

      Feast menu: bread & butter, Zanzarelli (tiny grains of pasta in broth),
      Salad, Chicken with Sweet/Sour Sauce, Asparagus, Chickpeas with Garlic,
      Ravioli, Roast Beef with Cameline Sauce and Garlic Sauce, Sauteed
      mushrooms, Leeks in Almond milk, White Cheese Pie, French Applesauce,
      nibbles and confections including Quince Paste and candied spices, and an
      Intermezzo of Dormice in the Roman Style.

      Dayboard: Please remember that the dayboard is optional, and costs $3
      payable at the dayboard table. The planned menu is Beef, carrots, & onions
      in red wine, Sausages in Honey, Tart in Ymber Day, cheese, fruit, bread.

      Arts & Sciences: a room has been set aside for holding an Arts & Sciences
      display. Whenever the room is open for viewing, there will be an attendant
      to ensure the safety of the display. Artisans are encouraged to bring
      items, finished or not, to display; items pertaining to Roman or Persian
      cultures are especially encouraged in honor of our new
      Royalty. Documentation cum term paper is not required, but there will be
      documentation and comment sheets for those who wish to use them. Nobles of
      all ranks are encouraged to bring tokens to give to artisans in
      appreciation of their effort & skill.

      There will also be a meeting of Southern Region A&S Ministers, location to
      be determined, at some point during the event, probably between
      courts. Time and location will be posted on the event schedule at check-in.

      Volunteers: help is always needed at an event of this size. Gentles are
      encouraged, nay, *begged*, to help out in some way during the event. We
      will especially need help for cleaning the kitchen after the feast, and the
      entire site after the event closes. During the day, help will be needed at
      the check-in desk, for those who need to sit, and servers will be needed
      during the feast. Please speak to the appropriate event staff if you wish
      to help; I assure you, we can find work that can suit your abilities!

      Anyone with further questions, please feel free to contact me off the list.

      In Service,

      Linette,
      rushed and harried and looking forward to Sunday the 7th!