Canton of Forestgate Fight Practice

  • Chad Pedersen
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2002
      Greetings to all again and my apologies to all who receive this more than once.

      The Canton of Forestgate in the Barony of Carillion now has an indoor practice site for heavy weapons and fencing. The practices will be held on Monday nights starting tomorrow, March 4 and will take place from 7:30 - 10:30 p.m. I welcome all to come and play. We do ask that you help us to make a small donation of a $1.00 to give to the fire hall that is so graciously letting us use their space as a practice site. The location is the banquet hall of the Du Coup fire station on Ruskin Ave in Hamilton, NJ. It is convienently located close to I-295, I-195 and the NJ Turnpike. The Directions are included in this e-mail. If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me or call me at 609-581-9522.

      From I-195 East - *Take exit 1B which will put you onto Rt 206. You will go through a confusing intersection but if you follow the signs for Rt. 206 you will be fine and will be making a left hand turn onto S. Broad St. **Continue down S. Broad St. and you will be looking for a Dunkin' Donuts on your left followed closely by a pizza place on your left at the corner of Dewey and S. Broad St. Turn left onto Dewey followed by making your next left onto Miles St. Take this to the end and turn right onto Hobson. There should now be a cemetary on your left. Continue down Hobson to your first left at the end of the cemetary and turn left onto Ruskin. The Fire station will be on you right and we are fighting in the banquet hall on the east side of the building.

      From I-195 West - ***Take exit 2 and follow the signs to Rt. 206 / S. Broad St. As you take the exit, stay to the left of the fork in the exit. Continue straight down this road and you will be passing a Taco Bell on your right, go straight through the intersection and follow from ** above.

      From I-295 North and South - Take I-295 to Exit 60. Follow signs for I-195 East. I-195 ends at I-295 and so there is only one way to go on I-195. Continue from * above.

      From NJ Turnpike - Take exit 7A and follow signs for I-195 West. Continue from *** above.

      I invite all heavy weapons fighters and fencers looking for a place to play their game a little more to come and join us. We can always use the competition.

      YIS,
      Lord Eisdrache
      (m.k.a. Chad Pedersen)
      Knight Marshal - Barony of Carillion
      Seneschal - Canton of Forestgate
      Heavy Weapons Champion - Barony of Carillion
      Quartermaster of the Cloven Nemesis
      www.cloven-nemesis.org

    • Chad Pedersen
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 29, 2004
        The Canton of Forestgate and Barony of Carillion Fight Practice held at the DeCou Fire Hall in Hamilton, NJ, on Monday nights at 7:30 is canceled for a few weeks to recover from Pennsic. We will resume on Monday, September 13. Hope to see everyone there.

        If you need directions to start attending this practice, they can be found at www.foresgate.eastkingdom.org<http://www.foresgate.eastkingdom.org/> or by responding to this e-mail privately.

        YIS,
        Lord Eisdrache
        (m.k.a. Chad Pedersen)

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2005
          Greetings all,

          A quick note to those who attend the Canton of Foresgate's fight practices on Mondays, practice is canceled for the next couple of weeks due to Pennsic. We will gather again on Aug 22, most likely to just swap stories about things we all did at Pennsic. There will also be no practice on Sep 5 because of Labor Day. Sep. 12 everything will resume to it normal level, just in time to start gearing up for Fall Crown.

          Feel free to respond privately to this e-mail if you would like more information.

          Herr Heinrich Brauer
          (m.k.a. Chad Pedersen)

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 10, 2005
            For anyone who normally attends the Monday night fighter / fencing practice
            on Monday nights, we are moving the starting time from 7:30 pm up to 7:00
            pm. Duke Ron has volunteered to start off the beggining of practice with
            unarmored, slow drills to cover footwork, shield placement, and shot
            placement for the first 30 mins, with armored practice to follow afterwards.

            If anyone would like to volunteer to lead the drills for a night, please
            speak with His Grace.

            Practices ususally are winding down by 10:00 pm.

            YIS,
            Herr Heinrich Brauer, SB, AoA, QoC, SC
            (m.k.a. Chad Pedersen)
            Seneschal - Canton of Forestgate