Science class

  • Pamela J Fernsler
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 26, 2002
      Lady Tiphaine, encouraged positively, by members of her Barony and
      Bailiwick, announces that a science class is scheduled for Sunday, Feb.
      10, at her abode at 4424 Osage Ave., apt. 2W in Philadelphia's University
      City section. The subject will be the controversial Piri Re'is map of
      1513, provided by Admiral Piri of Turkey; the controversy is a depiction
      of part of the map showing Antarctica - before it became an ice cap.
      Come and find out what it's all about, prepare to have your mind bent by
      the evidence for and against, and learn something about medieval maps in
      the process. (Warning: some math language may be used)

      Directions to my place are available on asking.
      My home phone is 215-382-5472. Work phone (8:30-5, M-F) is 215-686-1374.
      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
    • Wulstan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2002
        Would this class by chance be videotaped?

        I would gladly pay for a copy as I am sure a number of others who could not attend.

        Lord Wulstan of Ravenswood
        Minister Arts & Sciences
        Barony of An Dubhaigeainn
        Lady Tiphaine, encouraged positively, by members of her Barony and
        Bailiwick, announces that a science class is scheduled for Sunday, Feb.
        10, at her abode at 4424 Osage Ave., apt. 2W in Philadelphia's University
        City section. The subject will be the controversial Piri Re'is map of
        1513, provided by Admiral Piri of Turkey; the controversy is a depiction
        of part of the map showing Antarctica - before it became an ice cap.
        Come and find out what it's all about, prepare to have your mind bent by
        the evidence for and against, and learn something about medieval maps in
        the process. (Warning: some math language may be used)

        Directions to my place are available on asking.
        My home phone is 215-382-5472. Work phone (8:30-5, M-F) is 215-686-1374.
        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Pamela J Fernsler
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 27, 2002
          Wow. Hadn't even considered it, since I myself don't have the equipment,
          but any who are able to attend and own such a set are welcome to
          videotape it. It's at 2 p.m., by the way. I don't consider myself the
          best teacher around, but I'm not the worst either, so if you're willing
          to take a chance and it can be done, it's yours. As for the price -
          whatever you think is fair. I guess around $5. Plus, if I could get a
          ride to an event where I COULD teach it (I don't have a car), I'd
          consider that, too. Thank you.

          On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 08:11:42 -0500 Wulstan <wulstan@...>
          writes:
          > Would this class by chance be videotaped?
          >
          > I would gladly pay for a copy as I am sure a number of others who
          > could not attend.
          >
          > Lord Wulstan of Ravenswood
          > Minister Arts & Sciences
          > Barony of An Dubhaigeainn

        • David/Aleksandr
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2002
            To anyone seeking Aleksandr the Traveller, Herald or david m. razler
            reporter (ion leave after njured by flying tv cameraman)
            The NEW address for all SCA-related stuff is aleksandr@...

            More importantly - Aleksandr's collection of SCA in the News will soon be
            available at:

            www.aleksandr.info

            I'm still looking for contributions for the collection.

            see you soon,
            d/A