Pity us, but please come out to our event

  • ladygrania1
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 21, 2001
      The plans for this event just keep getting better and better. If you
      can't make Royal Twelfth Night, why not join us in Fairless Hills
      PA. The date is Jan. 5th and a good time will be had by all.

      Oh, woe are we! We cannot venture north to celebrate 12th Night with
      our family and friends. Did someone just suggest a 12th Night Pity
      Party? Well, we're gonna do it anyway. Dress up in your worst,
      get out your dancing shoes and come join Buckland Cross feel sorry
      for ourselves that we can't make it to Rhode Island for Royal 12th
      Night.

      The site is the Falls Township Senior Center, at 282 Trenton Road,
      Fairless Hills, PA. Site opens at 4 PM, clean up begins at 9:30 PM
      with site closing promptly at 10 PM. Site is very discreetly damp.
      Let's celebrate a evening of dancing, feasting, gaming, an
      auction and a "Worst Dressed Gentle Contest". Hey, if we had our
      best on, we'd be in Rhode Island. A simple feast of 3 removes will
      be followed by dancing with instruction available. The winners of
      period board games and other contests will be awarded tokens which
      can be used to place bids at the end of event auction. Music and
      merriment will abound.

      The cost for on board is a mere $12 by paid reservation. At the
      door: $15. Children under 12: $5. If there is any out board space,
      bread and beverages will be provided: $6.

      Send reservations, making checks payable to SCA, Inc. Canton of
      Buckland Cross to: Francine Keller, 3060 Bristol Rd. #137, Bensalem,
      PA 19020.

      Questions about the event or feast should be directed to Jasmine
      Sciarrino (Jennifer Parilo) 215-612-7288 before 10 PM or,
      alternately, Lady Grania Moore (Anne Adamczyk) 215-632-2863.

      Directions: Best route to US 1 north of Philadelphia. From South US
      1: Exit at Oxford Valley. Turn right at Oxford Valley Road. *Oxford
      Valley Road becomes Bristol/Oxford Valley Road. Cross Lincoln
      Highway and bear sharply left onto North Oxford Valley Road. Turn
      right onto Trenton Road.*
      From North US 1: Exit at Oxford Valley. Turn left at Oxford Valley
      Road. Follow from asterix
    • Pamela J Fernsler
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 22, 2001
        Do any of the suburban trains go near the site?

        On Fri, 21 Dec 2001 22:13:36 -0000 "ladygrania1" <ladygrania@...>
        writes:
        > The plans for this event just keep getting better and better. If you
        >
        > can't make Royal Twelfth Night, why not join us in Fairless Hills
        > PA. The date is Jan. 5th and a good time will be had by all.
        >
        > Oh, woe are we! We cannot venture north to celebrate 12th Night with
        >
        > our family and friends. Did someone just suggest a 12th Night Pity
        > Party? Well, we're gonna do it anyway. Dress up in your worst,
        > get out your dancing shoes and come join Buckland Cross feel sorry
        > for ourselves that we can't make it to Rhode Island for Royal 12th
        > Night.
        >
        > The site is the Falls Township Senior Center, at 282 Trenton Road,
        > Fairless Hills, PA. Site opens at 4 PM, clean up begins at 9:30 PM
        > with site closing promptly at 10 PM. Site is very discreetly damp.
        > Let's celebrate a evening of dancing, feasting, gaming, an
        > auction and a "Worst Dressed Gentle Contest". Hey, if we had our
        > best on, we'd be in Rhode Island. A simple feast of 3 removes will
        > be followed by dancing with instruction available. The winners of
        > period board games and other contests will be awarded tokens which
        > can be used to place bids at the end of event auction. Music and
        > merriment will abound.
        >
        > The cost for on board is a mere $12 by paid reservation. At the
        > door: $15. Children under 12: $5. If there is any out board space,
        > bread and beverages will be provided: $6.
        >
        > Send reservations, making checks payable to SCA, Inc. Canton of
        > Buckland Cross to: Francine Keller, 3060 Bristol Rd. #137, Bensalem,
        >
        > PA 19020.
        >
        > Questions about the event or feast should be directed to Jasmine
        > Sciarrino (Jennifer Parilo) 215-612-7288 before 10 PM or,
        > alternately, Lady Grania Moore (Anne Adamczyk) 215-632-2863.
        >
        > Directions: Best route to US 1 north of Philadelphia. From South US
        >
        > 1: Exit at Oxford Valley. Turn right at Oxford Valley Road. *Oxford
        > Valley Road becomes Bristol/Oxford Valley Road. Cross Lincoln
        > Highway and bear sharply left onto North Oxford Valley Road. Turn
        > right onto Trenton Road.*
        > From North US 1: Exit at Oxford Valley. Turn left at Oxford Valley
        > Road. Follow from asterix

        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
      • ladygrania@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 22, 2001
          The event site is located a short distance from Oxford Valley Mall.  I'm not sure about suburban trains but I will look into it and post whatever I find to this list.  I'm sure we could arrange a pick up at the mall if a gentle could get that far.

          Grania

        • ladygrania@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 22, 2001
            Here's what I found.  The R-3 to West Trenton goes to the Woodbourne Station near Oxford Valley Mall.  The Route 203 bus goes from the train station to the mall at various stop off points including the employee entrance to Sesame Place, the Court at Oxford Valley and Frankford Hospital, Bucks Division.  The 3:22 PM train departs 30th Street Station, arriving at Woodbourne at 4:18 PM.  The 203 bus leaves the station at 4:22 and arrives at the mall at various times but it looks like the stop at Frankford Hospital, Bucks Division is the best location for an easy pick up.  If you are coming from Center City Philadelphia, I'm sure a ride back home can be arranged.

            Grania

          • Pamela J Fernsler
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 23, 2001
              Thanks very much!  I'll mention this to Geoffert and maybe we can make the effort to come out.  Yes, we are from center city - actually University City, but close enough!  (Geoffert needs something like this to recover from making mummer floats!)

              On Sat, 22 Dec 2001 22:20:11 EST ladygrania@... writes:
              Here's what I found.  The R-3 to West Trenton goes to the Woodbourne Station near Oxford Valley Mall.  The Route 203 bus goes from the train station to the mall at various stop off points including the employee entrance to Sesame Place, the Court at Oxford Valley and Frankford Hospital, Bucks Division.  The 3:22 PM train departs 30th Street Station, arriving at Woodbourne at 4:18 PM.  The 203 bus leaves the station at 4:22 and arrives at the mall at various times but it looks like the stop at Frankford Hospital, Bucks Division is the best location for an easy pick up.  If you are coming from Center City Philadelphia, I'm sure a ride back home can be arranged.

              Grania

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Pamela J Fernsler
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 28, 2001
                Geoffert and Tiphaine want to come!!! Will send check for $24 in mail on
                Saturday Dec. 29. Table for 2 please!

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 29, 2001

                  Still need ride from the station. Thank you.>