Fwd: National Firefighter's Day

  • EdessaSCA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
      <<Forwarded from a friend>>

      Firefighters from all over have come to the aid and rescue of the
      tragedy in New York and Washington D.C. Hundreds of firefighters have lost
      their lives to save someone else's. The truth of the matter is they do this
      every single day. They truly are heroes.

      I know many of feel the same as I do - - helpless, especially those of
      us who live far from NY and DC. We all want to do something, show our
      appreciation, our support. I think we can...

      In honor of the bravery, courage and determination of American
      firefighters, there should be a day in our nation to celebrate and
      appreciate their hand work and never ending passion for saving lives.
      Let's start a petition for a National Firefighters Day. Will you join
      me? Please type in the chronological number, your name, city and state
      and pass it along. (You must copy this message into your outgoing e-mail
      in order to add your name.)

      Thank you.

      * When the list reaches 500 please Email to:
      <<skfcardart@...>>

    • wyvern@megahits.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
        > <<Forwarded from a friend>>
        [snipped]
        > In honor of the bravery, courage and determination of American
        > firefighters, there should be a day in our nation to celebrate and
        > appreciate their hand work and never ending passion for saving lives.
        > Let's start a petition for a National Firefighters Day. Will you join
        > me? Please type in the chronological number, your name, city and state
        > and pass it along. (You must copy this message into your outgoing
        > e-mail in order to add your name.)

        Nice thought, but it already exists -- first weekend of October at the
        beginning of National Fire Prevention Week. Many states already
        have their own Firefighter Appreciation Day of one sort or another
        as well.

        Frankly, most firefighters would probably prefer a little more direct
        community support and appreciation than another forgotten
        holiday. =)

        Bob, career firefighter, 20 years
        (because Macsen knows nothing about this stuff)
      • wyvern@megahits.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
          On 2 Oct 2001, at 13:52, wyvern@... wrote:

          > > <<Forwarded from a friend>>
          > [snipped]
          > > In honor of the bravery, courage and determination of American

          Addendum: It appears that the hotmail address that this "petition"
          is supposed to be returned to doesn't exist...

          Macsen

          Remember the World Trade Center & Pentagon Disasters in your prayers
          to whatever Deity you revere. In your prayers, should you be tempted
          to curse an enemy, remember that terrorism isn't about faith or creed,
          it's about the fanaticism of individuals and their disregard for life.
          Peace be with you * Shalom * Namaste * As-salaam Aleikum * Blessed Be
        • Alissa Pyrich
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
            Hello all,

            On Monday night, someone left a message on our machine that
            got cut off before she could leave anything but her name. If Diana
            or Diane Hernandez was trying to leave us a message re:
            something SCAdian (probably fencing practice), please do call us
            back -- we didn't get your phone number or anything else.

            Ailis
          • david/Aleksandr
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2001
              At 12:23 PM 10/2/2001, you wrote:

              The following is an Urban Legend petition/ It does nothing but create a
              meme that will jam the net with more and more copies more effectively than
              most worms, actually to the point of reducing service quality. No one will
              be helped.
              Please, don't circulate this or any other internet petition - firstly,
              because as soon as a carrier gets wind of one, they block the return mail
              address to prevent the equivalent of a human Denial of Service attack.
              d/A