Re: [EKSouth] Digest Number 643

  • ragnarr1001@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2001
      Hail unto the noble denizens of EKSouth from Lord Ragnarr Dragonheart!
      Please to excuse my bold nordic views regarding new member observations
      in general and apparent misunderstandings specifically.

      Unto the good lady Judith do I bid fair tidings!
      As you are very new to our society, and I have been a member for what I
      consider to be a "modest" amount of time, perhaps I can help you to not
      get the wrong opinion of this happy organization that some 50k people
      worldwide enjoy on a regular basis.

      While the occasional unpleasant person will somehow smile their way into
      our fold, bow their way into some official capacity, and then forcefully
      increase our personal amount of aspirin consumption, I will say to you
      that this is NOT the norm, and you shouldn't jump to any negative
      opinions about our group so quickly.

      As with anything worthwhile in life, you must truly understand it before
      you can give it your honest opinion. Get more involved with your local
      group and have just fun. In time you'll have a much better view of the
      SCA.

      Lord Ragnarr Dragonheart,
      Seneschal, Gryphonwald

      The Canton of Gryphonwald
      "Two Thumbs Up!!!" (Lord Siskel of Ebert)

      http://www.angelfire.com/nj/gryphonwald/index.html

      The Shire of Ascalon
      "Three Thumbs Up!!! (Lord Marvin the Martian)

      http://www.angelfire.com/nj/archery/ascalon.html