i am new

  • irshfaerie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4 5:49 AM
      "If you either live near Hartshorn-dale (mostly Chester County,"
      thank you for the welcome -- i live in philadelphia but i attended your
      newcomers day in the spring and you were very kind to me there -- i have been
      attending bhakail's dance practices on occasion (my husband had a heart
      attack in june so i hae slowed down a bit) and i look forward to attending
      more events in the fall

      judith
    • Lee Ann Posavad
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4 8:05 PM
        Judith wrote

        > "If you either live near Hartshorn-dale (mostly Chester County,"
        > thank you for the welcome -- i live in philadelphia but i attended your
        > newcomers day in the spring and you were very kind to me there -- i have
        been
        > attending bhakail's dance practices on occasion (my husband had a heart
        > attack in june so i hae slowed down a bit) and i look forward to attending
        > more events in the fall

        Judith, I would also like to extend a welcome to you from another in the
        Hartshorn-dale group. I, like yourself am a newbie to the SCA since Feb and
        I can say from experience that there has been more than one occasion I have
        watched the spam and the cross posting on the various lists and wondered "do
        I really want to be with this bunch?"

        What I do know though is for all the nasties that seem to lurk out there,
        there far more wonderful people who extend friendship and more. So, more
        then anything, enjoy all the great parts, ditch the backstabbing politics
        ( face it we all get enough of that at work ) and have fun:)

        I will be in the Hartshorn dale Shire encampment at Pennsic. Come look me
        up, say hello :)

        Rainillt
        mka Lee Ann
      • Mary Higgins
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5 2:20 AM
          I remember you now! (Your e-mail address looked familiar and I was racking my brain to figure out why.)  There are several local events this fall and I look forward to seeing you again at one (or more) of them.

          Will we will get to meet your husband someday as well or is this just too out there for him?

          I second Lee Ann's sentiment about Pennsic (although it sounds like you may not be going, which given the adventures into health care earlier this year with your husband makes perfect sense) - please do track me/us down at any event.  If you want to connect ahead of time to coordinate plans or just to confirm that my hubby and I will be there, please feel free to e-mail me (rufquad@...).  (I'm pretty sure Lee Ann feels the same way.)

          Bhakail's dance practices are a great way to meet people - sounds like you are on the right track :-).  If you would like help with garb (after Pennsic!) please know that you have a permanent offer to come sew at our house.  If there are specific styles of garb that appeal to you, we can get you connected with "local experts" pretty easily or if you are still figuring it out we can spend some time going through books, playing dress up with what other people have and exploring other sources to figure out what does appeal to you.

          Take care of your husband (and yourself).  We look forward to seeing more of you in the near future!

          Margarete