Virus Alert

  • jrosswebb1@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2001
      Good Gentles,
      I have received several emails recently that came to me on another
      address through the East Kingdom web-page and after consulting with the
      EK webmaster, he informed me that this is indeed a nasty virus and that
      he too has received numerous similiar emails recently. I am safe,
      because although webtv is a simple service, it has state-of-the-art
      screening and protection. But for those of you that aren't protected, if
      you receive a very cordial email stating "Hi how are you?" and then "I
      am sending this to you for your advice" and ends with"See you soon".
      Don't open the attachment. For more information on this virus, go to:
      http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sircam.worm@...
      I am sending this to scadians because this virus has begun to attack
      addresses on scadian web-pages.
      Respectfully,
      Geoffrei St. Albans of Eastwood