Re: [EKSouth] directions

  • jrosswebb1@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2001
      Dear Lady Gwendolen,
      The route I outlined to you is the most efficient way to come to
      the event even though you are going so far north in New Jersey it keeps
      you away from the "real" longest parking lot in the world, The Belt to
      Southern State.(Those of us that live here, know that). Stay off of the
      BQE at
      all costs because it will take you on a tour of Brooklyn's
      shoreline(great views of manhattan) and get you onto the LIE on the far
      west end, and with traffic, even on saturday, will add to your trip. If
      you insist on taking Southern State, don't take it all the way to Rte.
      110 (it's a local business street with many lights and shoppng centers
      and about 15 miles south of
      where you want to be), but take Rte.135 (Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway)
      north to the LIE (Rte.495) east to the
      Rte. 110 exit 49 north.
      When I visit my friends in Carillon, I expect to be on the road a
      full 2 hours or more each way using my route or 3 hours or more using
      the Belt to Verrazano to 440. I've been to a lot of Carillon events.
      Good luck,
      -Geoffrei