Iron Bog Fight Practice

  • Joel Doner
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2001
      Greetings to all good gentles and fighter of the Southern Region.

          As many of you know last Sunday the Shire of Iron Bog hosted an free indoor fighter practice open to anyone who wanted to attend.  There were more then a dozen fighters in armor and even more gentles with their children were having a good time.

          Unfortunately, the site's bathroom was left in a mess. Someone stuffed paper towels in one of the toilets.  Further, those gentles who brought food and their lunches left their trash and scraps of food behind.  This is unacceptable.

          Lady Siobhan who obtain the site from her employer, took the heat for our mess and we owe her our gratitude.  In the twenty years I have lived in the East Kingdom I have always taken pride that we leave sites in a better condition then we found them.  Sadly, this no longer seems to be the case.  It is hard enough to find sites that will let us practice indoors. We should do our best to keep them clean.  Further, no one is served by putting our own members in trouble with their employers, because of our own negligence.

          I do not expect a lot of responses to this message. I find it hard to believe that there is anyone who thinks we have the right to trash sites we use for our sport. Rather, I hope each of us thinks and acts to keep this or any site we use clean and in better shape then we started.  Parents need to keep an eye on their children. I know it's not easy. I have hard time keeping track of mine, but it is the least we can do.

          If we get a second chance to use this site again, I hope we do a better job keeping it clean. I will post on Saturday night whether or not we have the site again and when we can use it.

      Yours in service, Baron Master Lawrence

      Below is Lady Siobhan's message about this last practice.

      Greetings to all!

      Please send this along to as many people as were there so that they know
      about this.  It is very important that we be more careful so that we can
      keep our indoor site.

      When I came in to work this morning I was taken aside by the maintenance
      staff at T-M.  It seems that someone put an entire roll of paper towels
      into one of the toilets, and their aim wasn't all that good.  Also a few
      of the tables were covered with food detritus. It could only have been
      our group.

      Now I probably should have checked all this out, being the site rep, but
      honestly I was surprised that it even happened at all. I have assured
      them that this will not happen ever again.

      Please back me up.  If you bring food, drink, children, etc. to fight
      practice, great. But please, this is not your house. If you use it,
      please take care of it.  I promise I will be more vigilant as well.  If
      we screw up, we're hosed.

      Siobhan

    • drosen105@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 16, 2001
        The Canton of Forestgate, in the Barony of Carillion, will be having a class-"Basics of Beer Making" on Saturday, March 24 at the home of Lord Ichabod the Tall (Mka Steven Rosen), starting at 10 AM. All are welcomed. There is no charge for the class, but expect it to run as much as 4 hours, so we will be ordering out for lunch.

        The Class will cover everything from purchasing equipment to bottling your first batch of beer. We will be making a Hefe Weisen (light German wheat
        beer), but it won't be ready to drink by the end of the class.

        Space is limited, so reserve yours early. Reservations can be made by phone at (609) 888-2766 or by email at RtU@.... You MUST be 21 or older to attend.
        Yours in Service,
        Rupert the Unbalanced
        House Grog

        Directions to Steven Rosen (Trenton, NJ)

        Take Route I south to Route 129. Make a left at the second light onto Cass St. at the McDonald's. Take to end, make right onto Broad St. (aka Route 206 south). Pass "Pantry One", go about 5 blocks turn left at light onto Liberty St.. Make first left onto Genesee
        St., park. 726 Genesee St. 609-695-8563

        or

        Take Route 195 west to Route 129. Make a right at the second light onto Cass St. at the McDonald's. Take to end, make right onto Broad St. (aka Route 206 south). Pass "Pantry One", go about 5 blocks turn left at light onto Liberty St.. Make first left onto Genesee
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 16, 2001
          Greetings to the fighters of the Southern Region:

              The Shire of Iron Bog is NOT having its indoor fight practice this Sunday.

          Yours in service, Baron Master Lawrence