Event Announcement

  • Deewolff@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2000
      The Rogues Revels Tavern
      February 17-18 - Northpass (Peekskill, NY)

      It has come to the attention of the Laird ne' Kilkenny that the tavern
      wenches of
      the East, though well appreciated, are overworked. It is best time that
      those
      rogues who enjoy the taverns return service to the Ladies. Wherefore, the
      strapping
      young rakes of the Canton of Northpass joyously welcome all to the Rouges
      Revels
      Tavern, to be opened upon the 17th day of February at the Blue Mountain Trail
      Lodge,
      435 Welcher Ave. Peekskill, NY.
      The tavern keepers and their band of cutthroats shall provide good food,
      drink, and
      entertainment throughout the day and into the evening. Activities for the
      day shall
      include a Foam Foil Fencing tourney, a Rouge of the day Contest, the soon to
      be
      infamous Best Codpiece Contest, and if we can find enough brave ladies, the
      Bodice
      Lacing Relay.
      The evening shall be filled with laughter and good food, crafted by the
      overlady of
      the kitchen, Lady Patricia of the Tangled Wyldes. Those with dietary concern
      s should
      contact her no later than February 5th at 845-528-4822, before 10 p.m. or at
      sewnote@.... A warning to those rouges attending. The Lady Patricia is
      connoisseur fine song and story. As such, you may have to sing for your
      supper,
      literally.
      The Tavern shall open for business at 10 in the morning on Saturday the 17th
      and will
      remain open until high noon the next day. All poor sots found in the tavern
      after
      noon shall be given to Lord Friedrich as scullery servants.
      The rouges shall collect from each patron a tithe of $23. This offering will
      gain
      you food and drink for the day, a bunk in the common rooms, and a solid
      breakfast in
      the morning. It should be noted that there are only 30 beds at the inn, with
      floor
      space for 10 more. Those who do not wish to spend the night will be tithed
      only $15,
      covering the day and the feast. To ensure a space, send your reservations to
      the
      troll, Lord Friedrich of Northpass c/o Carl Haicken, 3720 Hudson View St.,
      Mohegan
      Lake, NY 10547. Please make all checks payable to "SCA Inc. - Canton of
      Northpass".
      Those wishing a confirmation must include a S.A.S.E. Reservation questions
      may be
      addressed to Lord Friedrich at npasschronicler@... or by phone at
      914-528-6657 (before 10 p.m.).
      The tavern keepers for the event are Lord Padrhaig ne' Killkenny (Chris
      Peters) and
      Lord Thomas of Northpass (Tom Martin). General questions may be address to
      Lord
      Padrhaig at celticbard@... (the best way to reach him), at
      845-278-8829
      (leave a message), or by pager at 914-951-5797.
      Merchants are welcome though space is limited. Contact Lord Padrhaig to
      reserve
      merchant space.

      Directions: From East Westchester and Western Connecticut: Best route to
      Route 35, to
      Route 202, to Bear Mountain Parkway Extension, to Route 9 South, to
      Peekskill's
      Welcher Ave. exit. At traffic signal, make left, go up hill and straight into
      Park.
      Bear left after guard booth to Lodge.

      From Southern Westchester and Points South (NYC): Best route to Saw Mill River
      Parkway, to Taconic State Parkway, to Route 9A North, to 9 North to Welcher
      Ave.
      exit. Make right, go up hill and into Park. Bear left after guard booth to
      Lodge.
    • Justine Magill
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2002
        Greetings!

        This is a reminder that 100 Minutes War is on 11/23/02. There are still
        seats available at the feast, please contact our Troll at
        gmcgdeverona@...

        We have archery - a wand shoot was mentioned, fencing - the plans for
        the melees sounded intriguing, a youth fighters tourney, and of course
        the annual 100 Minutes Melee for the heavy weapons fighters.

        For the Arts and Sciences minded amonst you: lady Isabeau d'Orleans has
        managed to gather some exceptional teachers together for some classes.
        There will be an A&S Display. There will be dancing during the day as
        well as during the feast, and I know the shire's dance mistress has some
        plans!

        Other activities include a games tourney, Queen's Tea with our beautiful
        and gracious Queen Isabella and the Men in Tights contest. The Men in
        Tights contest will be held during the feast.

        We have added an amenities map to the web page that shows the locations
        of hotels, gas stations and restaurants in the area.

        Specifics are on the Rusted Woodlands webpage at
        http://www.rustedwoodlands.eastkingdom.org/100minuteswar.html
      • kringskeep
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 12, 2002
          I would love to go but I need a ride from central Long Island.

          Can anyone out there help me??

          Thanks
          Lady Katheryne