retraction

  • Lord Valdis of Gotland
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2000
      Greetings and salutations. It has just come to my attention that
      there was some misunderstanding on a statement that I made in a
      former post 'Documentation from Coronation' and I would like to take
      a moment to apologize.
      Early this morning after getting back from coronation late and not
      being able to settle down until 2:30am, much of that time looking at
      my scroll in awe, I typed a message to this group. Lord Geoffrey
      made the scroll...that should explain the lack of sleep. Anyway, I
      stated that, quote, "I was also graciously appointed by Our new
      reigning Majesties as the woodworker of the realm", this was a quote
      off of a thank you scroll for helping with garb and such...or so I
      thought. Trying to type off of memory, for the letter was still
      downstairs, I mistakenly used the word 'the' in place of Him.
      Although a little word, it has come to my attention that some assumed
      I was 'thee' woodworker of the realm appointed by their majesties,
      this is definitely not so. I apologize for any that were misled or
      upset by this typo on my part and will no longer rely on the voices
      in my head to give me an exact quote.
      In all seriousness, I do apologize for the misconception and bid your
      pardon. After I was told of this it took me reading it three times
      myself before I realized how it must seem to some, I was not trying
      to mislead or self proclaim anything. I would never misrepresent
      their Majesties in anyway knowingly.

      Thank you for your time.

      Yours In Service,
      Lord Valdis of Gotland
    • mastercahankyle@cs.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2000
        In a message dated 10/1/00 9:46:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lvaldis@...
        writes:

        << "I was also graciously appointed by Our new
        reigning Majesties as the woodworker of the realm", this was a quote
        off of a thank you scroll for helping with garb and such...or so I
        thought. Trying to type off of memory, for the letter was still
        downstairs, I mistakenly used the word 'the' in place of Him. >>

        Son, get it right, "A woodworker of the realm" (you feed them, you dress
        them, and they still find a way to show you lack educating them)

        I, Master Cahan Kyle, hearby formally apologize for my man at arms Valdis. I
        need to take more time in training him. Please accept my most humble
        apologies, for the fault is mine, of any misconception he may have given.

        Master Cahan Kyle
      • asinou@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2000
          No harm done then.............