Eisental: Celtic Classic Demo, Sept 30 and Oct 1

  • Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2000
      Celtic Classic Demo

      Where can you go to spin or weave all day, fight until you're ready to drop,
      see Celtic Music performances live, for free and eat haggis and potato
      pancakes? There's only one place, the Shire of Eisental invites all to
      join us for our two day demo, September 30th and October 1st, at the Celtic
      Classic Festival in Bethlehem, PA.

      Both days will be filled with fighting, and on going art & sciences demos.
      So bring your armor, your current project and your purse. The fighting will
      begin at 11am both days, ending in our area at 5pm with a Grand Melee at the
      Parade Grounds on Saturday evening. A spacious pavilion will be set up for
      the Arts & Sciences area, bring your projects and join us. The pavilion
      will be open to allow visitors to approach to see what you are working on
      and ask questions. For your comfort, two changing pavilions will be
      available as well as a hospitality pavilion where we will serve lunch to
      everyone who joins us. It's our way of thanking you for attending our demo.
      In addition to the heavy lists, there will also be demonstrations of the
      East Kingdom Youth Combat program. During the day and after the demo, there
      will be plenty of time to take in the sights, sounds and amazing food
      offered by the festival. For more information on the festival itself, check
      out their website at www.celticfest.org. They have a daily schedule with
      information on all the bands performing. Some of this year's artists
      include The Glengarry Bhoys, Seamus Kennedy, The Prodigals, Clandestine, and
      DANU.

      Crash space is available with advance notice, please contact the autocrats,
      , Lady Ellesbeth Donofrey (Elizabeth Amick, 610/866-5755
      ellesbeth@... ) or Tes (Jennifer Bertrand, 610/709-0388
      teseth@... ) with any questions, requests or just to let us know you'll
      be joining us to help us with planning lunch.

      Directions: Find your best Route to Route 378 in Pennsylvania.

      >From New Jersey: Take Route 22 West to Route 378 South, and follow from
      below.

      >From the South or North: Take the NE Extension of the Turnpike to exit 33,
      (Lehigh Valley) and take Route 22 East to Route 378 South and follow from
      below or from the South, take Route 309 North to Route 378 North and follow
      from below.

      >From the West: Take Route 22/78 East towards Allentown PA. When Route 22
      and 78 split, stay on Route 22 East and take route 378 South.

      Route 378 North.
      Follow Route 378 North, as you get near downtown Bethlehem, you will cross
      the Hill to Hill bridge, be sure you are in the Right hand lane. At the
      end of the bridge, take the Main Street exit. At the end of the ramp, make
      a Left onto Main Street. At the second light, (the Bethlehem Brew Works
      will be on your left), make a Left onto Broad Street. (As of 9/26/00 there
      was road construction and you are unable to make the left onto Broad Street.
      Follow the Broad Street detour, from this light, go two more traffic lights
      and make a left onto Union Boulevard. Go a few blocks, make a left onto
      Third Street, look for a Route 378 South sign overhead. Go to the Traffic
      Light (past the entrance to 378 South) and make a Left onto Broad Street.
      Go one block and make a Right onto Second Street and continue with the
      directions*.)
      Take the second Left onto Second Street, *at the second stop sign you will
      be at a "T" intersection, make a left onto Spring Street and follow it to
      the Festival grounds. You will be at the intersection of Spring and
      Conestoga Streets. The demo site is across the intersection and to the
      right. Pull up to unload.

      Route 378 South.
      Take Exit 3 for Center City. At the end of the ramp make a LEFT onto 3rd
      Avenue. At the traffic light make a LEFT onto Broad Street. Go 1 block and
      make a RIGHT onto 2nd Avenue. At the 2nd stop sign you will be at a "T"
      intersection, make a LEFT onto Spring Street. Spring Street will end at the