Coronation

  • Julie
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 23, 2000
      I do hope someone will post pictures of Coronation? Oh, Pleeeeeezzzz?
    • mlecin@superlink.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 21, 2001
        Hi!

        Who made it to Coronation? How was closing court, and Hans &
        Olivia's first court?

        Did anything interesting happen? Any Southern Regioners receive
        awards?

        Thanks,

        Jessa
      • mizzi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 22, 2001
          In a message dated 4/21/01 11:16:16 PM, mlecin@... writes:

          << Who made it to Coronation? How was closing court, and Hans &
          Olivia's first court?

          Did anything interesting happen? Any Southern Regioners receive
          awards?

          Hi Jessa

          We went to Coronation. Last Court was very long but there were several
          people who needed thank-yous. Baroness Yuki was welcomed into the order of
          the Pelican. Mark Squirrel's Bane was sent on vigil for a Pelican to be
          finished in Hanse & Olivia's first court.

          From the Southern Region Mistress Suzanne DeLondres was given a Court Barony.

          I wasn't there for all of the Coronation court. I heard that there was
          minimal business. They gave County coronets to Sir Andrea's and Mistress
          Isabella.

          All in all the weather was pleasant, lunch at the site was pay-as you go and
          sold out by the time last court was over, dinner smelled promising but we
          weren't onboard so someone else will have to comment on the feast.

          In service,

          Mairgret of Carrigart
        • Janet Anderson
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 8, 2002
            This weekend's Coronation in the Shire of Owl's Rest was a very festive
            occasion. Although the Autocrat had warned travellers of possible cold
            winds and snow, which did indeed occur the evening before, the day of the
            event was clear and much warmer. The event took place in a large and
            spacious hall, with the Court functions on one level and the merchants and
            feast hall on another.

            The Last Court of King Lucan and Queen Jana contained two elevations to the
            Laurel: Anneliese Wolkenhaar (fiber arts) and Sidnie Fraser (calligraphy and
            illumination). The King then called into court Princess Roxana, to whom he
            proposed to abdicate, reminding her that she would need a Prince to rule
            beside her and deal with the rumors of war on the western border. She in
            turn said that although she had spoken with many princes, she was reluctant
            to give up her true love, who was only a simple gladiator. The king
            conceded that a gladiator would be skilled in the art of war, which was what
            was needed, and summoned this person into court. Not being schooled in
            courtly deportment, the gladiator and his companions made a rather unseemly
            commotion as they entered the court, but upon hearing the King's words, the
            gladiator took upon himself the appropriate oaths and responsibilities with
            great seriousness.

            The First Court of King Darius and Queen Roxana saw the gladiator, clad in
            royal purple and gold embroidery, transformed into the Majesty of the East,
            as his consort, united with her true love on the throne, became the Queen of
            Love and Beauty.

            The feast following these courts was especially successful. Some of the
            highlights included roast chicken with sweet and sour sauce, asparagus,
            fresh green salad (always welcome but not often served), and a dessert
            course of cheese, dried fruits, sugared anise, and quince paste. There was
            also a subtlety of (marzipan) dormice.

            The Autocrat, Mistress Linette de Gallardon, took a moment from her labors
            to present a song in honor of His Majesty which had to be heard to be
            believed; we hope to have the words posted to this list as soon as Mistress
            Linette has recovered from the weekend's festivities.

            Dorigen of the Grey Gate

          • David Auslander
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 5, 2004
              Congratulations to Their Majesties on ascending to the Throne of the
              Kingdom of the East.

              Congratulations to Judith and Sancha for awards well deserved!

              Congratulations to all members of Coribant for a wonderful Parzifal!

              Congratulations to Feastocrat on an excellent feast!

              Congratulations to Settmour Swamp on an excellent "Coronation."

              Thailyn

              Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
            • motleysong@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 5, 2004
                En un mensaje con fecha 4/5/2004 10:25:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                gentlebawd@... escribe:

                > Congratulations to Judith and Sancha for awards well deserved!
                > Congratulations to all members of Coribant for a wonderful Parzifal!

                Thanks very much!

                And if anyone happens to have been able to take photos of the Pageant of
                Parzival, can you let me know? It would be wonderful to have some to put with the
                performance record on the Coribantes web site (with the permission of the
                photographer, of course). That record can be found here:
                http://www.geocities.com/thecoribantes/presentations/parzival/parmain.html

                Thank you, once again. And many, many thanks to all of the Coronation feast
                folk for being such a the great audience!

                In Service to the Arte of Party,

                - Sancha

              • Maria Daggett
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 4, 2005
                  Hello and Greetings all,
                  A little advance warning.. Coronation is scheduled for April
                  2nd with in the Shire of the Rusted Woodlands. As details are
                  currently being sorted out... a very brief announcement will go
                  out in the Pikestaff for Feb and a more detailed announcement in
                  March. Please check the EK Website for details soon.
                  Autocrats for the event are Lady Erlandr Nordskald and Lady
                  Mared of the Forest. There will be a Feast and Dayboard
                  prepared by Lord Deitrich.
                  All Inquiries can be directed to
                  Coronation@...

                  Feel free to forward this on to other lists as you see the need.

                  In service,

                  AErlandr
                  (viking formally spelled Erlan but sounds the same anyway)
                • vikingchick42
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 28, 2005
                    Hello all.
                    Few things.....1) the address in the Pikestaff is correct. The
                    website has been changed to reflect the address of Paterson, NEW
                    JERSEY. Sorry for the confusion.
                    2) Please note the site and feast fees. We feel that they are
                    reasonable for the site and what we are getting.
                    3) Additional directions will be mailed to those who pre-register
                    for the event, feast, merchant or who request them. They will also
                    be listed in the files section on this group page, soon. Public
                    transportation is also possible, contact the autocrats at
                    CORONATION@... for specifics
                    4) we are still in need of some volunteers - Brute Squad (people
                    who will help move heavy things like tables and stuff) Feast Help
                    (servers, choppers and generic kitchen help) TROLL (help out the
                    Troll by sitting at the table and of course, misc help.
                    Please let the autocrats know if you're interested in helping out
                    during this event

                    5) we will be hosting a Dog Carting Demo outside in the afternoon.
                    If you are interested in participating or need more info, please
                    contact us.

                    Thanks

                    Erlan and Mared, Autocrats, Coronation

                    PS feel free to pass this on to other lists as you see the need
                  • Elizabeth Hawkwood
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 19, 2005
                      Greetings,

                      The coronation feast is sold out and I have started the wait list. Anyone who mailed a check for an on-board reservation that was postmarked on or after September 14 will be on that list. If you want to know if you are on the wait list, please contact me.

                      Baroness Elizabeth Hawkwood
                      Reservations Clerk
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 31, 2010
                        Coronation of Gryffith II and Aikaterine II (formerly River War) **UPDATED**
                        (At-a-Glance Event Information)
                        Friday, September 24th, 2010 to Sunday, September 26th, 2010

                        Hosted by Barony of Iron Bog - Williamstown,, NJ

                        Event Last Modified: August 1st, 2010

                        Come Gentles All to celebrate the Coronation of Gryffith II and Aikaterine II! Once again the Eastern Crown passes to the heirs of our land. The Barony of Iron Bog is proud to host these glorious festivities. This joy will start on Friday September 24 and go through the weekend till Sunday 26th. There will be Court and a battle Coronation not seen in many a year here in Our Fair Kingdom.

                        Yes you read that correctly Court and Battle:

                        Prince Gryffith, having been promised the lands of Camelot by His Majesty, King Edward, has come to court with his family and retinue. Rumors of plots against His Highness abound. Whispers that the lands bequeathed to his Highness are to be given to others. Allegations that King Edward wants to humble his headstrong heir, teaching him a lesson
                        in humility. Rumors that King Edward wants to keep the throne for Himself, and suspicions that the King plans to capture the Princess and use her as leverage against his estranged son. Will Edward remain King of the East? Will Prince Gryffith be caught in the spider web of court intrigue, or will he rebel and seize the throne? What if the Princess is captured? Will King Edward finally
                        give up the throne to his rightful heir?

                        These questions can on be answered by those that witness the events themselves in person. So don't be left out of the loop, join us for a weekend of fun, mystery, action, and mayhem. Be there as Prince Gryffith lays siege to the castle of King Edward to rescue his Princess and claim the throne! The fighters of the East are encouraged to attend and take part in the timed castle battle.

                        By the request of Their Highnesses, heraldic display is highly encouraged on this day, in personal regalia, banners, war standards, pavilions, and kits. Bring your finest heraldic clothing, be it Kingdom, local group, household, or personal, and show your pride. Her Highness Aikaterine will be looking for the best display to recognize later in the day.

                        At the ending of first Court, which might be the Last Court of TRM Edward and Marguerite beginning at 10:30 am there are many activities planned for the populace throughout the day lasting up to and including the First Court the rightful heirs to the throne.

                        An idea of the other activities:
                        • Fencing
                        • Youth Fighting
                        • Youth activities
                        • A cooking tourney
                        • A brewing contest
                        • Archery
                        • Equestrian
                        • A&S display
                        • LOTS of food
                        • Bardic entertain dinner
                        • Dancing

                        Please visit the web site for further details to all of the fun events for the weekend –http://www.ironbog.eastkingdom.org/kingdom_coronation/coronation.html

                        LODGING: We have a block of rooms reserved for Friday 9/24 & Sat 9/25 at the
                        Fairfield Inn-Deptford, 1160 Hurffville Rd, Deptford NJ 08096,
                        (856)686.9050. www.marriott.com Rooms contain 1 King or 2 Queen beds,
                        breakfast is included, for $109.99 under the name “SCA”. Rooms must be
                        reserved before August 24th to receive group discount.
                        There is a Residence Inn next door, for any who would prefer a suite. No
                        group rate was available.

                        "Gentles wishing to bring a horse to the event must contact the Equestrian Marshal-in-Charge prior to the event. Current Coggins test and, if horse is traveling from outside New Jersey, interstate health
                        certificate must be produced before unloading the horse from the trailer." Equestrian Marshal-in-Charge: Lady Catheryne Greene - email address kweenkmatt@...,

                        *** PLEASE CHECK THE WEB SITE FOR FURTHER UPDATES***

                        Directions:
                        FROM PHILADELPHIA/WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP:
                        Take the Atlantic City Expressway to Exit 38-Williamstown. Go South on Rt. 536 to Rt. 322. "Geets Diner" will be on the right. Turn left onto Rt. 322 East-Blackhorse Pike. Go to 3rd light and make a right onto Corkery Lane. "Wawa" will be on the right. Cross over Blue Bell Road. Go 1/8 mile to Sykesville Road. Turn left onto Sykesville Road and follow it until it ends.

                        FROM THE BEN FRANKLIN BRIDGE:
                        Take Rt. 676 south to Rt. 42. Follow directions from Philadelphia.

                        FROM THE ATLANTIC CITY AREA:
                        Take A.C. Expressway to Exit 38-Williamstown. Follow directions from Philadelphia.

                        FROM VINELAND:
                        Take Main Road-Rt. 555 to Blue Bell Road. Follow Blue Bell Road to Corkery Lane. Turn left onto Corkery Lane, go 1/8 mile to Sykesville Road, and turn left onto Sykesville Road.

                        FROM CHERRY HILL/VOORHEES:
                        Follow Rt. 295 south to Rt. 42. Follow directions from Philadelphia. Or follow signs for Rt. 73 south through Berlin Circle. After light at Jackson Road follow signs for Rt. 536 Spur (Williamstown/Glassboro) - Williamstown-New Freedom Road. Follow Rt. 536 Spur to Rt. 322. Make left onto Rt. 322 East (Blackhorse Pike) and follow directions from Philadelphia.

                        Event Website: http://www.ironbog.eastkingdom.org/kingdom_coronation/coronation.html
                        At-a-Glance Event Information
                        Site:
                        Tall Pines Day camp
                        1349 Sykesville Road
                        Williamstown,, NJ 08094
                        Show me a map!

                        Site Opens: Friday 4:00pm
                        Site Closes: Sunday 4:00 pm

                        Event Fees:

                        Site : FEES: Camping includes Friday night traveler meal, Saturday continental breakfast, day long dayboard, dinner and Sunday breakfast)
                        Pre-Reg by Sept 3rd Camping – 15.00 Adults 18+ Youth ages 13-17 8.00 Youth under 12 free
                        After Sept 3rd – 20.00 Adults 18+ Youth ages 13-17 11.00 Youth under 12 free
                        There are indoor bunk beds in lodge style available for additional 30.00 per bed.*this does not include food/site fees

                        Daytrip- Pre-reg fee before Sept 3rd - 13.00 Adults 18+ Youth ages 13-17 6.00 Youth under 12 free
                        Daytrip fees after Sept 3rd 15.00 Adults 18+ Youth ages 13-17 8.00 Youth under 12 free

                        5.00 non member charge applies

                        Feast: If you are camping a seat at feast has already been included. If you are not camping and would like to stay for feast, there is an additional fee of $7.00 Adults 18+ and $5.00 Youth Adults 13-17.

                        Head Cook is Lady Catirina Gordon (Katya) katyagordon@... ***Please email with any questions and or concerns regarding food issues.****

                        Send Reservations to:
                        LADY Marion Ferch Llewllyn
                        MKA Eileen Andreotti
                        6730 Cedar Ave
                        Pennsauken, NJ 08109
                        ladymarion@...

                        Autocrat:
                        Lord Sterling De La Rosa
                        Sterlingdelarosa@...
                        856 661 8087

                        Other Contact Information:
                        Merchants are welcome but are truly asked to pre reg. Please contact our Chancellor of Youth Lady Aibhilin inghean ui Phaidin at youth@... for question regarding youth activities or if volunteering to help with activities.

                        • There are shower rooms available
                        • Please no pets
                        • Please remove your empty glass bottle
                        • For those that are mobility challenged, the camp ground is fairly flat but very spacious; there is amble amount of walking. There are paths for motorized scooters to move around.

                        Make Checks Payable to: SCA Inc - Barony of Iron Bog