A Walk in the Garden: Event plug

  • Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2000
      A Walk in the Garden
      September 16, 2000

      I am pleased to announce the shire of Silver Rylle's fall event, A Walk in
      the Garden! There will be lots and *lots* of herbal classes - tentative
      classes already scheduled are papermaking, soapmaking, dyeing, medieval
      scents, tussie-mussies (making the jewelry holders), and herbal wreaths.

      Merchanting, wandering bards, board games, an herbal a&s competition, and
      possible fencing and heavy weapons pickups are some of the other
      attractions. Most of the event will be held outside, where we have plenty
      of covered pavilion space, so if you have special considerations, please
      keep this in mind or call the autocrat for details.

      If you are interested in teaching or in entering the A&S competition,
      please contact the autocrat, Lady Carowyn, or contact Lady Jadwiga
      Zajaczkowa, jenne@... or (610)-432-2546

      The herbal-themed feast has been changed to an all-day feast - various
      removes will be served throughout the day, and there will certainly be
      plenty of food! If there are any dietary restrictions or questions,
      please call Lady Seraphina (Lisa Dennen) at (717) 625-2887(no calls after
      9 pm please) or email seraphina2@...

      On-board cost (which includes the all-day feast) is $12 and the
      off-board (which is a site fee only; no food included in the price) is $6.

      There may be individual fees for some classes to cover the cost of
      materials used - a list will be posted at troll, so that there are
      (hopefully!) no surprises. Reservations can be sent to:
      Warren Harmon, 39 North Lincoln Street Apt B, Palmyra, PA 17078.
      Checks can be made payable to SCA Inc Shire of Silver Rylle.

      Autocract contact info: For any questions, please contact the
      autocrat Lady Carowyn Silveroak (Meredith Harmon)at (717) 838-7214 (call
      after 11am till midnight), or at CorwynSCA@...

      Event website: http://tulgey.browser.net/~jenne/herbevent.html

      Directions: [Autocrat's Note: the directions given below are only
      the easiest routes. Please consult a map if you can; you may have a
      different route that is better than the ones given below. If it's still
      confusing, give me a call and I'll do my best to plot a route with you.]

      From the North, take I-81 South to I-83 South to I-283 South to Exit
      2E (PA 283 East, you must take this exit or you're on the toll road).
      See * below for further directions.

      From the west, take toll road I-76 East to Exit 19, then follow the
      signs to PA Route 283 East (NOT INTERSTATE 283!) See * below for further
      directions.

      From the South, follow I-83 North across the river to I-283 South to
      Exit 2E (PA 283 East, you must take this exit or you're on the toll road).
      See * below for further directions.

      From the East, find your best route to PA Route 283 west and see *
      below for further directions.

      * On PA Route 283, take the Route 743 - Hershey / Elizabethtown Exit
      (no number). At the end of the ramp, follow 743 South (to Elizabethtown,
      not Hershey). Travel approx. 0.8 miles to the first traffic light.
      Make a FULL left turn - you will swing 120 degrees, and end up traveling
      on BOTH sides of the L C Jordan's Restaurant on that corner. Only after
      you make the turn will you see the sign that you're now on PA Route 241
      North. Travel approx. 5.6 miles on 241 North, and the Lawn Fire Company
      will be on your right.

      "They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the
      nuts work loose.
      They do not preach that His Pity allows them to drop their job when
      they damn-well choose. " -Kipling, "The Sons of Martha"