Re: [EKSouth] re: on/out/offboard

  • sterlrosa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2000
      In a message dated 03/31/2000 3:56:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      mlecin@... writes:

      << Perhaps we need to come up with a whole new way of describing fees in event
      announcments. Any suggestions?

      Jessa

      Just make one Fee Period...

      It's just as if you go to a show... Weither you eat say popcorn or not you
      stil pay one price....
    • sterlrosa@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2000
        In a message dated 04/01/2000 10:23:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        kathe1@... writes:

        << Wait a minute. You pay extra for the popcorn. If we have to start paying
        for the feast whether we eat it or not, those of us with children, who
        rarely stay for the feast anymore for one reason or another, will never
        be able to afford going to events serving food!

        Julleran >>

        When you go to a show how do you do it?

        The price could be price within reason....

        your thoughts?
      • Jenne Heise
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2000
          > > Perhaps we need to come up with a whole new way of
          > > describing fees in event
          > > announcments. Any suggestions?
          > I'd actually hate to have to figure a new way. I feel
          > that the current terms are suitable. We, as a whole,
          > need to enforce the proper definitions, specifically
          > the difference between off and out boards.

          Well, the terms are actually -very- confusing for new people. And
          obviously, sometimes for not-so-new people. They may be traditional, but
          unfortunately, it obviously doesn't mean they are easy to understand.

          If you know that 'board' means food, on- and off- board makes sense.
          Outboard sounds like a motor. (I personally hate the term 'outboard',
          also, just because it's ugly.) I dislike the idea that when there is no
          extra space in the feasthall, we would be selling on-board and out-board!

          It's also problematic when you are charging people extra money to be able
          to sit in the feast hall, to be using confusing terminology.

          Maybe we should, as a new person suggested several months ago on the EK
          list, just use English:
          Site fee (includes dayboard): $/person
          Feast fee: $/person
          For an additional fee of $/person table space in the feasthall will be
          available for those not eating the feast.

          I suffer occasional delusions of competency.