Johannesnacht-- New Announcement (fwd)

  • Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2000
      Forwarded by request from Lady Anne Liese Wolkenhaar...

      Johannesnacht
      Fri, Jun 23, 2000 to Sun, Jun 25, 2000

      Hosted by Shire of Eisental - Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton & Reading, PA

      After five years of Landsknecht Musterungs, the Shire of Eisenthal is glad
      to peaceably celebrate the Feast of St. John. The setting is a small
      City-State in the fourteenth century celebrating with:

      * Grand Parade to kick off the celebrations with Floats and Prizes
      (all entries welcome)
      * Double-elimination with optional Ransom Tourney, Bearpit, and Small
      Melees
      * Youth Fighter Tournament
      * Other Organized children's and teen activities (Storybook Tree,
      Puppeteer, etc.)
      * Ranges for Archery, Thrown Weapons, and Siege Weapons
      * Fencing
      * Marketplace with assorted merchants, gamebooths and "Priests"
      selling indulgences and relics
      * Dancing
      * Herbalist Guild's Tea

      The celebration is set to occur at the Ukrainian Homestead, R.D. #2,
      Lehighton, PA 18235. The site will open at 3:00 pm Friday, June 23rd and all
      celebrating will cease promptly at 2:00 pm on June 25th. The autocrat is
      Lady AnneLiese Wolkenhaar (Jennifer Munson) 2850 Rhonda Lane, Allentown, PA
      18103 (610)798-7332, munsonjn@... <mailto:munsonjn@...>.

      The site is wet as well as refreshing (onsite bar and swimming pool).
      Alcohol consumed in the hall must be purchased in the attached bar. Grills
      are allowed, but no ground fires. Period-style pavilions are encouraged near
      the fighting field. Both the Heavy List and Youth Fighter tournaments will
      commence with the Grand Parade at 11:00 am on Saturday. Check out the
      Johannesnacht web page for activity details and complete event schedule will
      be available at Troll.

      Fees: Weekend: Onboard - $18, Offboard - $12; One Day: Onboard - $14,
      Offboard - $8. 17 and under are half price, 6 and under are free. Feast is
      limited to 125 gentles. Pre-paid reservations are highly encouraged.
      Please make your checks payable to: SCA, Inc. - Shire of Eisental.
      Reservationist: Lady Ysabeau du St. Wandrielle (Roseann Zona) 405 E. Abbott
      St. Lansford, PA 18232 (570)645-8661, pzona@.... There are a few rooms
      on-site available for an extra per night charge. These rooms are first paid
      / first serve and will go very quickly. Merchants are welcome and will
      please convey their space needs to the Autocrat. Please direct inquiries
      about the feast to the Feast-o-crat, Mistress Gabrielle D'Outremer (Allison
      Lassieur) (610) 330-8595, allison263@... <mailto:allison263@...>.

      More details on Web Page:
      http://tulgey.browser.net/~jenne/johannesnacht.html

      Directions (Signs will be posted close to the site):

      >From PA Turnpike, NE Extension: Take exit 34 (Mahoning Valley) to Rt 209
      South towards Jim Thorpe. Cross the bridge and turn right at light (Caruso's
      Restaurant) to stay on 209. From this light, continue for 2.1 miles (ignore
      the first "Ukrainian Homestead" sign) and make a Left turn at the sign for
      "Flagstaff" (The sign is on the left side of the road). Follow this road
      (Beaver Dr.) for 1.7 miles. Ukrainian Homestead will be on your Left.

      >From I-81 in NE PA: Take exit 37 (Hometown/Mahanoy City) onto Rt 54 East,
      through Hometown to Nesquehoning. At the Monument landmark, bear left and
      continue on Rt 209 North 4.9 miles to Jim Thorpe. At the 2nd light, make a
      left and continue on Rt 209 North for 1.6 miles. Turn right at the top of
      the mountain (at the Mountainside Family Restaurant). At the stop sign, go
      straight for 1.3 miles and the Ukrainian Homestead will be on your left.