Mudthaw announcement and HELP NEEDED

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2000
      Good day
      I would like to invite all to come help the Barony of Settmour swamp
      celebrate the thawing of the Mud on March 18 2000. I am sending along a
      copy of the announcement with some additions to it. It now seems that we
      will have more outdoor space to work with.

      Also if anyone is interested in entreating during the feast please contract
      me. I also need help on Setup, hall clean up and kitchen clean up. Thanks

      Pleace feel free to forward this to any other news groups , mailing lists
      you feel might be interested.

      In Service
      Alexander
      ddevito@...

      MUDTHAW
      MM
      March 18th - Settmour Swamp

      The Barony of Settmour Swamp invites one and all to celebrate the first
      thawing of the mud of the new millennium. As we get ready to bring the
      current middle ages forward we will take time to look back at the start of
      the last two millenniums. To mark this change in the mundane calendar we
      shall pay tribute to the life and times of our Baron and Baroness. Baron
      Eirik Rodbjorn (circa year 1000) and Baroness Merlynia of Rivenoak (Circa
      year 0, well rounded down for the porpoises of this event).
      There will be feasting and merriment for all. There will be a heavy
      weapons tourney, with armor inspection starting at 11:00 and the tourney
      starting at 12:30. There will be a pages tourney and fencing if space
      allows.
      A brewing competition will also be held at around 3:00pm so please bring
      your finest work. There will be space available for games so please bring
      your boards.

      On board is limited to 150 and is $15.00 per person and $8.00 for children
      under 12. There is limited off board spaces available and is $7.00. For
      thoese gentals just coming for the day the site fee is $5.00. Merchant space
      is available but limited merchant fees are $5.00 per table.
      Make checks payable to "SCA, Inc - Barony of Settmour Swamp", and send
      reservations to Baroness Jessa d'Avondale (Marla Lecin, 362 Cherry Avenue,
      Bound Brook, NJ 08805). Please list the names of all people in your party.
      We will be sending out Express Check-In letters in order to speed up
      checking in at the event; please include a SASE with your reservation.
      If you have any questions please feel free to contract the autocrat
      Alexander MacGregor at 732-297-1208 or e-mail (the best method)
      ddevito@...

      The site is the Belvidere Fair hall, 689 Water Street Belvidere NJ.
      Directions: The mileages in the directions are estimates, first consult a
      map and find your best route to Belvidere NJ.
      From route 78: Take route 78 to route 31 north continue on route 31 north
      until you reach route 46. Turn left onto route 46 west. Take route 46 about
      3 miles and make a left at the Belvidere exit (route 620), the hall is about
      1.5 miles down this road.

      From Route 80: Take route 80 to route 46 east. Take route 46 east for about
      6.5 miles to the Belvidere exit (route 620) turn right the hall is about 1.5
      miles down this road.