Event Announcement

  • Anthony.Honebrink@phila.gov
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2000
      Something Fishy This Way Comes...IV
      (Lord of the Rivers III and Rampart Riot II Tournaments) (Ivyeinrust,
      Phila., PA)
      June 3, 1998

      This just in from the Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust! We have obtained
      historic Fort Mifflin (no street address) for a fourth year of fun and
      a relaxed day. Once again there are rumors of an intrusion into our
      peaceful port from hostile forces. The Bailiwick spies are most busy
      to determine from whence the threat arises! Event staffs are
      currently in discussion with both the Barony of Bhakail and the Shire
      of Caer Adamant to plan joint activities and to put our best feet
      forward during the day as the site is open to the public. Activities
      currently being planned include both a heavy weapons and rapier
      tournament. Weapons inspection is scheduled for 11:00 AM. Fencers
      take note; this site provides many unusual opportunities including
      ramparts, gates, bridges and more!
      As the site is so close to Phila. International Airport we will have a
      "Count
      the Dragons" competition with a prize to the winner.

      This year we have arranged to serve a hearty luncheon at 11:30. Note,
      this is not an off board meal to all. The on board fee is $10.00 for
      adults and $4.50 for those under 12. The site fee is $5.00 for adults
      and $2.00 for those under 12. No separate fort fee will be charged
      for those who can show proof of SCA membership. To participate in the
      lunch an advance reservation is required. (Lunches will not be sold
      the day of the event.) As the site has limited facilities our
      alchemists have been hard at work developing disposable feast gear
      which will be provided. The site is dry. We will start the day at
      10:00 AM and close at 4:00.

      The luncheon by Lord Harlequin Tomfoolery will be served at 11:30 and
      will consist of cold roast beef, ham, hearty vegetable soup, breads,
      butters, cheeses and fresh fruits. More than enough to fortify those
      participating in the day's marshal activities.

      Advance reservations should be sent to the autocrat Lord Lorcan
      Dracontius (John Saint-denis) at 2035 Kater St., Phila. PA 19146. You
      must include a SASE to receive a gate pass which, if on board, will
      also serve as your token for lunch.
      (215-731-1884, dracontius@...). No calls after 9:00 PM..

      Merchants are most welcome to ply their trade at this event. We have
      arranged for easy access to the fort inner grounds. There will be no
      separate merchant's fee. Please contact the autocrat for details.

      Directions: Take your best route to interstate 95 north/south. You
      want to be headed towards Philadelphia International Airport. From
      the north take the exit for Island Ave. It is after the double decker
      bridge. *

      From the south take the exit immediately after Phila. Airport, and
      stay in the right lane. Airport exit lanes will merge with you,
      continue to move to the right. Just prior to crossing the Platt
      Bridge you will see a sign for Island Ave. *

      *Proceed to the intersection with Island Ave. You will want to make
      the left turn at the Hilton Hotel. When the road dead ends make a
      left turn. Proceed about 1/4 mile and make a right turn at the UPS
      center. After passing under the runway "tunnel" make your first left,
      about 1/2 mile. Both SCA and Fort Mifflin signs will be posted.
    • Deewolff@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 28, 2000
        The Rogues Revels Tavern
        February 17-18 - Northpass (Peekskill, NY)

        It has come to the attention of the Laird ne' Kilkenny that the tavern
        wenches of
        the East, though well appreciated, are overworked. It is best time that
        those
        rogues who enjoy the taverns return service to the Ladies. Wherefore, the
        strapping
        young rakes of the Canton of Northpass joyously welcome all to the Rouges
        Revels
        Tavern, to be opened upon the 17th day of February at the Blue Mountain Trail
        Lodge,
        435 Welcher Ave. Peekskill, NY.
        The tavern keepers and their band of cutthroats shall provide good food,
        drink, and
        entertainment throughout the day and into the evening. Activities for the
        day shall
        include a Foam Foil Fencing tourney, a Rouge of the day Contest, the soon to
        be
        infamous Best Codpiece Contest, and if we can find enough brave ladies, the
        Bodice
        Lacing Relay.
        The evening shall be filled with laughter and good food, crafted by the
        overlady of
        the kitchen, Lady Patricia of the Tangled Wyldes. Those with dietary concern
        s should
        contact her no later than February 5th at 845-528-4822, before 10 p.m. or at
        sewnote@.... A warning to those rouges attending. The Lady Patricia is
        connoisseur fine song and story. As such, you may have to sing for your
        supper,
        literally.
        The Tavern shall open for business at 10 in the morning on Saturday the 17th
        and will
        remain open until high noon the next day. All poor sots found in the tavern
        after
        noon shall be given to Lord Friedrich as scullery servants.
        The rouges shall collect from each patron a tithe of $23. This offering will
        gain
        you food and drink for the day, a bunk in the common rooms, and a solid
        breakfast in
        the morning. It should be noted that there are only 30 beds at the inn, with
        floor
        space for 10 more. Those who do not wish to spend the night will be tithed
        only $15,
        covering the day and the feast. To ensure a space, send your reservations to
        the
        troll, Lord Friedrich of Northpass c/o Carl Haicken, 3720 Hudson View St.,
        Mohegan
        Lake, NY 10547. Please make all checks payable to "SCA Inc. - Canton of
        Northpass".
        Those wishing a confirmation must include a S.A.S.E. Reservation questions
        may be
        addressed to Lord Friedrich at npasschronicler@... or by phone at
        914-528-6657 (before 10 p.m.).
        The tavern keepers for the event are Lord Padrhaig ne' Killkenny (Chris
        Peters) and
        Lord Thomas of Northpass (Tom Martin). General questions may be address to
        Lord
        Padrhaig at celticbard@... (the best way to reach him), at
        845-278-8829
        (leave a message), or by pager at 914-951-5797.
        Merchants are welcome though space is limited. Contact Lord Padrhaig to
        reserve
        merchant space.

        Directions: From East Westchester and Western Connecticut: Best route to
        Route 35, to
        Route 202, to Bear Mountain Parkway Extension, to Route 9 South, to
        Peekskill's
        Welcher Ave. exit. At traffic signal, make left, go up hill and straight into
        Park.
        Bear left after guard booth to Lodge.

        From Southern Westchester and Points South (NYC): Best route to Saw Mill River
        Parkway, to Taconic State Parkway, to Route 9A North, to 9 North to Welcher
        Ave.
        exit. Make right, go up hill and into Park. Bear left after guard booth to
        Lodge.
      • Justine Magill
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 12, 2002
          Greetings!

          This is a reminder that 100 Minutes War is on 11/23/02. There are still
          seats available at the feast, please contact our Troll at
          gmcgdeverona@...

          We have archery - a wand shoot was mentioned, fencing - the plans for
          the melees sounded intriguing, a youth fighters tourney, and of course
          the annual 100 Minutes Melee for the heavy weapons fighters.

          For the Arts and Sciences minded amonst you: lady Isabeau d'Orleans has
          managed to gather some exceptional teachers together for some classes.
          There will be an A&S Display. There will be dancing during the day as
          well as during the feast, and I know the shire's dance mistress has some
          plans!

          Other activities include a games tourney, Queen's Tea with our beautiful
          and gracious Queen Isabella and the Men in Tights contest. The Men in
          Tights contest will be held during the feast.

          We have added an amenities map to the web page that shows the locations
          of hotels, gas stations and restaurants in the area.

          Specifics are on the Rusted Woodlands webpage at
          http://www.rustedwoodlands.eastkingdom.org/100minuteswar.html
        • kringskeep
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 12, 2002
            I would love to go but I need a ride from central Long Island.

            Can anyone out there help me??

            Thanks
            Lady Katheryne