EKU

  • Jennifer Bober
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2000
      Greetings to the list.

      Just a reminder that EKU in Rusted Woodlands is only 3 weeks away. If you
      know you are coming PLEASE send a reservation so my dad knows how many
      people he's feeding. If you want to teach, get in touch with William the
      Alchemist at <jeffs@...> to see if there is classroom space left. We
      usually fill all of the spaces and we have ten classrooms, so there should
      be a wide variety of classes for everyone.

      The date is February 19th and the site is West Milford High School (the
      same site as the A&S event and 100 Minutes War). Hope to see you there.

      Isabeau

      P.S. Reservations go to the troll, NOT the autocrat. The correct address
      is in the January and February Pikestaffs.
    • Jennifer Bober
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 22, 2000
        Greetings to the list.

        My thanks to all those who braved the weather for last weekend's EKU. Most
        people said that once they got off of minor roads they had no problem,
        thankfully (though the weather channel was behind on the status of major
        highway closings!). It was a wonderful day and I'm sorry the weather
        didn't cooperate so more of you could be there. My thanks to all of the
        teachers especially who make the day so informative. If you've never come
        to an EKU, you're missing a great experience.

        In order to ensure that we have an EKU in the Southern region, I already
        have the go ahead from the chancellor and my seneschal to do it again next
        year. However, if anyone has a burning desire to do it and can come up
        with a site, I will bow out and take a year off. Please contact me if that
        is the case. Since it is best to have a lot of lead time for this event, I
        will be securing the site for next year by this June and already have
        tentative approval from the school. Anyone interested in running a winter
        EKU should contact me by then; assuming they have a site secured so we
        don't have the problem of someone wanting to do it, but unable to get a
        site, thus causing us to lose the window of opportunity for the event.

        Again, my thanks to all who helped make the day a success.

        In service,
        Isabeau d'Orleans
      • Deewolff@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 11, 2000
          OUR CLASSES ARE POSTED !! FOLLOW THIS LINK! <A
          HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/as35eku/courses.html">
          http://hometown.aol.com/as35eku/courses.html</A>

          Fall East Kingdom University
          Sat, Oct 21, 2000
          Hosted by Crown Province of Ostgardr - Greater NYC

          *The Crown Province of Ostgardr wishes to invite all to join us for a Fall
          East Kingdom University to be held at The Melrose School, 120 Federal Hill
          Road in Brewster, NY, 10509 on Saturday, October 21, 2000 from 9am until
          6pm.
          The event stewards, Master Sean DeLondres (John Cnapich):  “event info”
          (718-762-4645 /6-10pm) and Lady Andrea MacIntyre (Denise Wolff):  “site info”
          (914-526-3614 or seneschal@...) are available for any questions, or
          you can send us an email at as35eku@...
          You may go to our web page at:  hometown.aol.com/as35eku (Do not use www) for
          class lists, merchant information, and any updates.
          Those wishing to teach a class may contact the SR deputy to the Chancellor of
          EKU, Lady Jacqueline Loisel (Jackie Kapaj) at (kapaj@... or
          718-994-2020), with a synopsis of the class to be taught and the times they
          are available to teach them.  Classes are filling up as we speak, so please
          hurry if you wish to teach!
          It is our pleasure to offer to the populace, all-day intensive classes
          available in fiber arts and brewing (and others), as well as individual
          hourly classes in many areas.  There will also be a separate Children's track
          of classes for those 8 and above, which will include puppetry, gaming,
          heraldry, and cooking.
          For those under 8, we also have things planned.  There will be a children's
          room complete with playground and crafts geared to the smaller of our group
          hosted by Lady Abigail of Lorraine (Gail Hofer), but a parent or guardian
          must accompany their child at all times while partaking of these activities.
          The cost of this event will be $8 (for those 12 and up), $4 (5-12) and babes
          in arms free.  Checks should be made out to SCA-Crown Province of Ostgardr
          and sent to the toll taker (troll):  Lord Renier VerPlanck (Rick Wolff), 6
          West Avenue, Putnam Valley, NY 10579.
          A magnificent lunch board will be provided for all members by Countess Brekke
          (Carol Smith) and her wondrous crew and is included in your site fee!
          You may bring your own wine, beer, or mead, but we encourage you do so
          responsibly, and within SCA guidelines.  (Please take home your empties.)
          Merchants will be graciously welcomed as well.  Please contact site steward
          for further details about our merchant policy .
          Our site is partially Handicapped accessible.  It has a step into the school,
          and small bathrooms, but once inside there are no other steps.  Please call
          site steward for parking reservations and further details.
          Please maintain a speed of 25 or below so that we may keep our attendants
          safe and their neighbors happy!  There will be parking assistants who will
          show you which one of four lots you will park in.  Those who arrive early
          will be parked in proper spaces which are close to the school, those who
          arrive later will be parked in a field below the school and will have a short
          walk uphill to the site.  Please plan accordingly.
          Directions:  From all points West(NY, NJ, PA):  Find your best way to Route
          84.  Follow it to the Newburgh Beacon Bridge ($1toll and EZPASS).  Cross over
          bridge and continue east until Exit 20N (Brewster/Pawling:  about 28 miles
          from bridge).  Turn at this exit.  Go to further information below at*
          From the East (CT, New England):  Find your best way to Route 84.  Follow it
          west through Danbury and to NY.  You will exit on the right at EXIT 20 (2nd
          exit in NY) which says White Plains/Pawling (about 6 miles from Danbury Fair
          Mall).  While exiting, follow the right split to Route 22 Pawling.  Go to
          further information below at*
          From NYC and points South:  Find your best way to the Hutchinson River
          Parkway.  It will become Route 684 near White Plains.  You must use left
          lanes to follow 684.  Continue about 40 miles until you see what appears to
          be the last exits (Route 84).  DO NOT EXIT!  Bear to the left and continue on
          as it becomes Route 22, Pawling.  Go to further information below at *
          FOR ALL:  *Follow signs that say “Rt.  22, Pawling.” The road will wind down
          from three lanes of highway to one single lane.  After passing several motels
          and restaurants (2 miles), you will make a right turn at Milltown Road.
          There is a Dills Best Building Center and Millbrooke Office complex on the
          right corner.  You will also see a sign that says New Fairfield -8 miles;
          this is your turn.  Follow Milltown Road through a small cemetery and over a
          small bridge to a slight fork in the road (.3 miles) marked by a sign that
          says “Historic Milltown.” Take the right fork onto Federal Hill Road (The
          left fork is more of Milltown Road), and continue approximately 2 miles to
          the Melrose School on the right hand side.

        • Joel Doner
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 18, 2001
            Gentles:  Please check the expanded directions below-They will make it much easier to find the site!  See you all there.

            Baroness Katherine

            SPRING EKU

            Shire of Iron Bog

            Palmyra High School, Delaware Avenue, Palmyra, New Jersey

            The Shire of Iron Bog welcomes all to the Spring East Kingdom University to be held on March 3, 2001. The event will be held at the Palmyra High School on Delaware Avenue in Palmyra, New Jersey. The site opens at 10:00 a.m. with classes to begin at 11:00 a.m. The site will close at 5:00 p.m. A day board will be prepared by Lord Tzigan Volchkovich.

            Kindly forward your reservations in the amount of $8.00 per adult gentle, $4.00 for children under 12 and free for babes in arms, to the autocrat, Baroness Katherine Barr (Sandi Doner), 100 Miller Avenue, Lindenwold, New Jersey 08021 (609-841-6077). Please make checks payable to Shire of Iron Bog, SCA, Inc.

            All teachers are asked to kindly contact the Chancellor of the University, Lord William the Alchymist (Jeff Suzuki), 410 Gallivan Boulevard, Dorchester, MA 02124 (617-822-9347) or e-mail to eku@....

            Directions. From Route 73 in New Jersey. Take Route 73 about 5 miles to Broad Street in Palymra. Broad Street is immediately after an overpass (before the Roger Wilco-Do not get onto the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge!) Follow Broad Street to Delaware Avenue, make a left onto Delaware Avenue. Follow signs to the school on Delaware Avenue.

            From Route 95. Take 95 to the Betsy Ross Bridge. Follow signs to Route 130 North to Route 73 North. Follow from Route 73 directions above.

            From New Jersey Turnpike or 295. Follow to Route 73 North and then follow directions from Route 73 above.