HAPPY NEW YEAR 2000

  • Marcus MacFarlane
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2000
      Hurray! Hazah! Vivat! No Y2K related problems to report (see below).

      H H A PPPPPP PPPPPP Y Y
      H H A A P P P P Y Y
      H H A A P P P P Y Y
      HHHHHHH AAAAAAA PPPPPP PPPPPP Y
      H H A A P P Y
      H H A A P P Y
      H H A A P P Y

      N N EEEEEEE W W
      NN N E W W
      N N N E W W
      N N N EEEE W W W
      N N N E W W W
      N NN E W W W W
      N N EEEEEEE W W

      Y Y EEEEEEE A RRRRRR
      Y Y E A A R R
      Y Y E A A R R
      Y EEEE AAAAAAA RRRRRR
      Y E A A R R
      Y E A A R R
      Y EEEEEEE A A R R

      22222 000 000 000
      2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0
      2 0 0 0 0 0 0
      2 0 0 0 0 0 0
      2 0 0 0 0 0 0
      2 0 0 0 0 0 0
      2222222 000 000 000

      First, let me apologize to those that recieved this in duplicate as I cross
      post this Happy New Year message to my contact list and a couple of mailing
      lists.

      Second, as many of you know, I work mundanely in Network Administration on
      contract to a major international computer corporation. While you were
      getting toasted toasting in the New Year, I was stuck working through the
      night with no way of getting the night off due to Y2K concerns.

      Well, here it is, 03:30 EST January 1, 2000. The power is still on, my
      computer is functioning, the Web is working, and all has been quiet on the
      computing front. This is a good solid sign that most issues have been taken
      care of worldwide; however, this is the weekend and Monday may be a
      different story. For now, everything looks great! *wipes brow*

      So, when I get home in the morning, I'm going to have a healthy draught of
      Scotch before I head off to bed to celebrate the New Year and relieve the
      stress that Y2K has brought on. After this, I will never work another New
      Year's Eve - I missed out on many a great party.

      May we all find Peace, Love, and Prosperity in the New Year, the New
      Millenium (even if it doesn't start until 2001).

      Cheers! Yours in Service...

      Marcus MacFarlane............

      \\|//
      (o o)
      Marcus MacFarlane OR M�rtainm mac Ph�rlain
      ClanLaird@... Cheiftain & Laird
      Marcus@... AOL IM: MarcusSCA
      [Site] http://MacFarlane.iwarp.com IRC: MarcusM
      [List] http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/ClanMacFarlane
      "Come Home with your Shield, or on it!" - Unknown
      "Give me a row of Orc necks and room to swing and all
      weariness will fall from me." - LTR, Gimli, Helms Deep